Just Food Recruitment, part of The JFR Group is searching for a Senior NPD Technologist to join this well-established Food Manufacturer in West Yorkshire.
We are constantly looking at food trends – current and future, what people are eating in restaurants, markets and retail not only in the UK but around the world. We do all of this with a genuine team spirit!
Our client have a dedicated New Product Development (NPD) team. The team are constantly benchmarking, matching, innovating and driving the customer agenda to ensure we are developing new product lines that are meeting our customer’s needs and expectations across retail, foodservice and manufacturing.
The team have vast experience in developing products for the market place across a range of food categories – From dressed salads such as coleslaw, potato salad and pasta salad to Mayonnaise, dips, dressings & relish, to also vegetable ready to cook meal accompaniments & prepared vegetables and beyond.
We would love the opportunity for any of our customers (current or potential) to visit our New Product Development kitchen and state of the art factories to see what we do and if you wish, take an active role in developing products together with our knowledgeable NPD team.
- The NPD team are responsible for working closely with the customers and production teams to take exciting new products from concept through to launch. The NPD Senior Technologist is a key part of this team, supporting the development of new products for both own brand and branded customers.
- Key responsibilities include;
- To develop salad, mayonnaise, vegetables, retail vegetables and other products from concept to launch, factory trials, nutrition and shelf life & organoleptic evaluation through to launch procedures
- To project manage own assigned customers and projects working closely with Technical, Commercial & Operations
- To lead the bi weekly NPD meeting with commercial and factory teams regarding their own accounts write development specifications and artwork sign off
- You will have a real passion for food and have achieved a 2.1 Degree (or equivalent) from a food science, food nutrition or general science subject
- You will be highly organised and driven with excellent attention to detail. You will be naturally curious, want to learn and have a love of food!!
- Ideally you will come from a chilled/salad/sauces or FTG background.
To be considered for this position please apply and one of our candidate managers will be in touch.
The JFR Group are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Should you be seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment or contract you will find our staff professional and courteous and our interview process straight forward.