- Using APO and SAP tools, schedule production daily and weekly for the relevant production lines, to meet the needs of the master production plan and customer orders, within inventory, allergens and efficiency constraints
- Comply with all rules concerning Health and Safety, to ensure that all equipment is operated safely and to report any accident, injury or unsafe practice in accordance with procedures
- Attend the weekly First Time Order (FTO) meetings and schedule production trials, new product introductions and product discontinuations in the most effective way, with minimal write-off exposure. Complete Cancel Supersede requests, as required.
- Produce management reports as required, to facilitate and support the management decision making process and maintain accurate records of scheduling activities and decisions
- Monitor progress against the schedule through frequent contact with production, making adjustments as necessary, according to priorities and constraints. Maintain close contact with production planner and supply planners advising them of the situation and amend schedule as priorities change
- To chair the weekly production scheduling meetings and ensure that a 3-week plan is agreed and handed over to all relevant stakeholders. Ensure scheduled PR targets and customer service levels are met.
- Assist and provide holiday and sickness cover for other production scheduler.
- Attend business reviews and participate in project team activity, as required to meet the needs of the business. Recommend continuous improvements in line with delivering our Compelling Business Need
- Demonstrable experience in production planning and scheduling role, ideally food.
- Strong PC skills particularly Microsoft word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Experience of working with ERP and MRP systems and planning tools, ideally SAP.
- Assertive, tenacious and results focused.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and think outside of the box.
- Customer focused and committed to building effective internal and external working relationships.
- Ability to work as a team player cross functionally.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Shwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBTemployer.