Salary Details:Competitive Salary & Excellent Benefits Package
Shift Details:5 over 7 - 8am - 5pm
Work Level:Work Level 4
About The Role
Our Production Managers have a big job, it's down to them to ensure our manufacturing operation runs smoothly, ensuring we deliver great quality products to our customers, on time. It's demanding, pacey and ever-changing. Reporting into the Site Manager, you will manage a team of Shift Managers who are responsible for a large number of operators and technicians.
You will also be responsible for:
- Ensuring the Health & Safety of all colleagues whilst maintaining and making improvements in all areas
- Maintaining a balanced scorecard against KPIs to drive further growth across the site
- Maximising profits and drive performance improvement
- Working with our current teams to drive the Continuous Improvement Strategy, through colleague involvement and engagement
At Thrapston, we make products for 494 stores and for morrisons.com, which means preparing everything from apples and pears to melons, tomatoes and even those handy cucumber halves - all to help #FeedTheNation.
As well as strong leadership skills you will also:
- Be working as a Production Manager/Operations Manager, or equivalent, within a large scale, fast-paced production environment - ideally across Food Manufacturing.
- Have a proven track record in an operational management role in particular delivering results, with a strong emphasis on leading, motivating and developing.
- Have experience in leading and coaching managers to drive forward results and step change operational performance would also be a great advantage, and would be in line with the expectations of our current managers
- Have a good working knowledge of the tools and techniques of Continuous Improvement and how to integrate them into a business
- In return you'll get competitive pay rates, car allowance, up to 6 weeks holiday (including bank holidays) and many benefits including a discount card for you (15% off) and 2 more for friends or family members (10%off) off in Morrisons. We also offer company Retirement Saver, Free Life Assurance and much more.
About The Company
From a Bradford market stall to the UK’s 4th largest supermarket chain and the UK's 2nd largest fresh food manufacturer.
We are proud to be the Yorkshire food retailer serving customers across the UK at just under 500 stores and an online home delivery service. Our 18 manufacturing sites provide our customers with the freshest produce from flowers, fish and veg to burgers and bread, all delivered to our stores via our 6 distribution sites by our 2,000 strong fleet.
Every week, 11 million customers pass through our doors and over 110,000 colleagues across the business work hard each day to deliver great service to them. We cover more than 11 million households with our Morrisons.com service. With competitive, permanently low prices we are committed to helping our customers save money every day.
We are foodmakers and shopkeepers and #wemakemorrisons.