Part of a larger drinks group, our client as a vision to be recognised as the most progressive British based beverage business, who continue to manufacture and supplier a range of delicious, innovative, and refreshing premium products to their consumers. Success is firmly underpinned by the company’s mission to create the highest quality products and provide excellent customer service through outstanding people and continuous investment in manufacturing capability with social and environmental responsibility at the heart of their actions.
As part of the group senior management team based at the company’s head office in Birmingham, to formulate and implement strategic plans in the areas of Health and Safety across multiple sites. This will involve ensuring that the company is fully compliant in all aspects of regulations, legislation and codes of practice in relation to Health & Safety and is fully compliant with its statutory obligations.
- Formulate and implement strategic plans to continually drive the Health and Safety agenda including achieving broader ownership of health and safety.
- Highlight and tackle the costs of work-related ill health, accidents and lost time.
- Horizon scan and ‘design-in’ effective risk management of new or emerging technologies and business models.
- Benchmark our performance against others in our sector.
- Lead and engage with others to improve workplace health and safety.
- Engage and collaborate on the learning from external experts with the goal to influence health and safety improvement across all sites.
- Undertake on-going review of current practices, processes and procedures to identify improvements.
- Through design, identify digital options to improve performance management for each site.
- Strengthen Health & Safety leadership and worker engagement.
- Continue to grow Health and safety Campaign ‘Safety is no accident’ with clear plan reported monthly to the Exec Team.
- Ensure the Exec team are regularly informed of key health and safety issues and are aware of serious health & safety issues.
- Ensure that the Company is up to date with all current and new health and safety legislation and ensure that the Company’s policies are revised accordingly, with training provided to update individuals where necessary.
- Ensure the Company Health and Safety Policy is prepared, updated and periodically reviewed to reflect all current legislation.
- Excellent communication skills
- Team worker
- Flexible and adaptable
- Takes a personal pride in their work
- Customer service focused
- Able to deal with difficult situations calmly
- Innovative thinker
- The ability to negotiate and influence others at all levels of seniority
- Experience of working within Manufacturing Health & Safety Team ideally Food Manufacturing or experience within Food Retailer or Enforcement such as Environmental Health or HSE.
- Management of a team is essential.
- Able to demonstrate working knowledge within SME’s and larger companies/corporates.
- Degree with relevant industry experience in Health & Safety Management including Strategy.
- NEBOSH diploma or equivalent.
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion