Part of a larger drinks group, our client as a vision to be recognised as the most progressive British based beverage business, who continue to manufacture and supplier a range of delicious, innovative, and refreshing premium products to their consumers. Success is firmly underpinned by the company’s mission to create the highest quality products and provide excellent customer service through outstanding people and continuous investment in manufacturing capability with social and environmental responsibility at the heart of their actions.
This position is a key member of the Site Management Team where you will be responsible for ensuring all aspects of Health & Safety on the site are adhered to with support from the Health & Safety Controller. This is a hands-on role, reporting directly to the Health & Safety Controller where you will need to prioritise and organise an often varying and changing workload with differing levels of pressure whilst always maintaining a positive can-do attitude.
- Investigate wherever there is a serious risk of an accident or incident occurring and ensure the Health & Safety Controller is made aware of the issue
- Investigate all accidents, incidents and near misses
- Maintain statistics regarding accidents, incidents and near misses to recognise any trends
- Complete all report paperwork and ensure reports are reviewed by appropriate department heads before filing
- Conduct inspections, surveys, safety tours or audits as agreed with the Health & Safety Controller. Ensure the results of such monitoring are publicised in an appropriate manner
- Results of all site safety inspections should be collated, and statistics kept to recognise any trends; items of concern should be reported to the department head and Health & Safety Controller.
- Ensure Health and Safety Management meetings are held and Health & Safety Committee meetings are held with management support from the Health & Safety Controller
- Ensure appropriate minutes are documented; kept on file; and are publicised in an appropriate manner
- Manage all aspects of group COSHH requirements from register(s) to data sheets and Risk Assessments
- Ensure that the Health and Safety training plan is up to date and existing employees are appropriately trained as per the training matrix
- Ensure new employees have either current appropriate certification or are trained accordingly to ensure compliance with training matrix needs
- Ensure new employees receive the appropriate Health & Safety Induction
- Keen eye for detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Team worker
- Flexible and adaptable
- Takes a personal pride in their work
- Customer service focused
- Able to deal with difficult situations calmly
- Innovative thinker
- Experience of working within Food Manufacturing Health & Safety Team or Compliance or Quality Team
- Desired experience of SAP systems
- GCSE’s including Maths and English
- Relevant equivalent (Minimum NVQ 2)
- Degree or equivalent industry experience
- IOSH or ideally NEBOSH
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.