A brilliant role has become available for a company known globally for providing outstanding service throughout the food and drink industry. Our client is looking for an Assistant Buyer who has real passion for negotiation, FMCG and development.
An ethical approach to procurement, our client responsibly source products all across the globe and distribute internationally.
One of Britain’s largest retailers both instore and online, this roles gives you chance to progress and hone your skills in the already successful buying division.
• Supporting your manager to oversee supplier performance, identifying potential new suppliers and supporting them to build long term supplier relationships
• Negotiating supplier terms agreements, improving the trading position sustainably
• Using insight tools to analyse and understand performance issues and opportunities
• Conducting regular store and website visits, reviewing customer insights, trends and competitor activity, helping shape our future product and range requirements for our customers
• Report and analysis preparation for your manager
• Helping to build and source customer/market insight led ranges and product innovation
• Negotiating with suppliers to agree and deliver market leading buy/move/sell plans for your areas aligned to the customer plan and category strategy with support from your manager
• Supporting delivery of trade, promotions and events plan, striving to exceed KPI's, drive footfall and forecast accurately
• Managing samples, obtaining them from suppliers as well as storage and disposal
• Working with suppliers and quality teams to ensure product quality is achieved and maintained
• Ensuring new products and suppliers are set up accurately and on time
• Maintaining your department’s systems and trackers
• Adhering to all company policies, storage and handover protocols and successfully completing all your training
• Following their Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
• A passion for fast moving retail or experience of working in an FMCG organisation
• Influencing, stakeholder management & negotiation skills
• Able to analyse data
• Product Development/Sourcing experience is desirable but not essential
Ref Code: FMW40288B
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.