£30,000 - £35,000
South Coast / South West
10 Month Contract (Poss Perm)
Job ref: 8176
This is a very well-established company with a passion for traditional manufacturing methods.
They have an excellent team of long-term employees who share the company’s beliefs and high standards. Selling into retail in the UK, they also have a thriving export side mainly into the USA.
About the Production Planner job
The purpose of your role will be to schedule the manufacturing of products through the business in the most efficient way possible ensuring that agreed stock level and customer service is maintained at all times.
- Produce a weekly production schedule for the site enabling packing lines to run at their most efficient, minimizing product changes, size changes and clean downs.
- Raise works orders for all required production.
- Ownership of weekly planning meeting and daily update meetings.
- Maintain all documents, systems and spreadsheets accurately and on time.
- Schedule the further product processing at third party.
- Communicate swiftly and effectively with the technical team in the event of any non-conformance to standard operating procedure.
- Communicate any risk to service swiftly and effectively with the commercial team.
- Check finished stocks and blank stocks on a weekly basis and replenish accordingly taking into account customer demand and forecast requirements.
- Censor checking of forecast and flagging any issues to the commercial team.
Skills & experience required for the Production Planner job
Essential requirements are:
- 5 years experience in a similar role/environment.
- Numerate and literate, with outstanding attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
In addition, it would be desirable if you had knowledge of warehouse management / MRP systems and working within a food / FMCG business.
The Production Planner job is based in the South Coast / South West region and is paying £30,000 to £35,000 according to your experience.
This is a 10 month maternity cover contract that could potentially go permanent.
The working hours are 42.5 per week Monday to Friday 8:00 am to 5.00 pm.
How to apply
To be considered for the Production Planner job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Material Planner | Production Planning Jobs | Demand Planner | Raw Materials Planner | Supply Chain Planner | Food Manufacturing Planning Jobs