Role: Quality Technologist, plus £500! gross bonus on completion of probation!
Pay Rate: £12.01 per hour (£25,000 per annum), plus £500! gross bonus on completion of probation!
Location: Pontefract, WF8 3DD
Shift Available: 40 hours per week – Monday to Friday (some weekend work may be necessary)
Who are we?
We are a family business established in Yorkshire in 1997 based in Pontefract with a reputation for exceptional product innovation and industry leading animal welfare standards. Our facilities combine traditional British butchery technique with some of the best technological prowess in the food sector.
A committed team of over 800 staff oversee the whole process from procuring the best possible livestock from our carefully picked group of farms, through butchery, retail packaging and despatch before it finally arrives on the supermarket shelf or as part of the restaurant dining experience.
· Good communicator with staff across site and external visitors.
· Attention to detail with a diligent approach to work activities.
· Ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining quality and speed.
· Thrive in a fast-paced environment
· Ideally have own transport
· Flexible in your ability to work on your own or within a Team
· Proven ability to use Microsoft Office
· Knowledge of food production, NPD and related Quality Assurance processes
- To facilitate the day-to-day operations of the production areas to ensure all product produced are to customer specification
- Ensure that traceability of the product is not compromised and that all necessary documented inspections are carried out to the correct testing frequency and are within agreed specifications
- Ensure that any finished goods or raw materials, which are not to the required specification, are correctly isolated from production documented and highlighted to the QA Supervisor.
- Maintain all quality records
- To assist in any customer visits or audits as required
- Ensure all relevant issues are communicated to the Technical Manager in an appropriate manner.
- Carry out traceability mass balance exercise with the relevant departments, implement actions and respond formally in a timely manner
- Keep all equipment in good working order by liaising with the Maintenance Manager and planning a preventative maintenance schedule.
- £500 gross bonus on completion of probation!
- £250 in shopping vouchers if you Refer a Friend and they pass their probation
- Free onsite parking
- Staff shop, with products as low as £1
- Onsite Gym open 24/7
- Subsidised canteen
- 4% Pension contribution
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Dovecote Rewards scheme where you’ll find discounts at over a 1000 Retailers.
- Yearly attendance bonus – (qualifying criteria)