Just Food Recruitment, part of The JFR Group are sourcing for an AREA Manager to join this established Food manufacturer in the Staffordshire area.
You would be joining a company that has ambitious plans for the future and who are developing the correct culture and working environment, meaning this can be a company that you can grow and learn with.
- Plan, co-ordinate and control all activities within the department to ensure efficient operation that meets the customer requirement achieving the right quality product at the right time.
- Comply with & maintain QA systems procedures & eliminate QA failures.
- Continuous improvement reducing cost & improving labour effectiveness within area of responsibility.
- Create & embed safe working environment for all staff.
- Train & develop staff through effective coaching & appraise staff on performance management, disciplinary & absence.
- Team work with peers, sharing best practices & effective communication.
- To set standards by organising shift running, from production schedules (manning, materials, changeovers etc) so as to maximise productivity & efficiency within the department.
- To ensure the optimum utilisation of shift labour by effective labour planning, training & development of all staff. The completion of all relevant paperwork to verify that training.
- To monitor efficiencies ensuring targets are met & improved upon, to ensure all paperwork & relevant checks are completed, this in * Awareness of materials availability which may have an impact on any plans includes x-ray, metal detection start-up & temperature checks. Accurate & up to date.
- Ensure accurate completion of all labelling (flow wrap, box & pallet dispatch) is correct & agrees with the master matrix.
- Ensure accurate completion of all tractability paperwork (times & temperatures)
- Awareness of product & materials availability which may have an impact on any plans.
- Responsible for all elements of Technical & Quality. Working closely to ensure legal & customer requirements are adhered to.
- Responsibility for all elements of employee Health, Safety & Welfare
- Liaise with H& S coordinator to with regard to all H&S requirements, ensuring all staff use the correct PPE at all times, & understand the importance of working in a safe environment. Complete & review all R.A. & SSOW paperwork.
- Liaise with Training coordinator with regard to all staff training requirements – operational/ technical / H&S / HR and development through 1-1s.
- Attend all meeting as required & relay any requirements to the rest of your team.
- Control of materials usage, implement improvement plans to increase production efficiency's.
- Work closely with technical department to implement any request or alterations with regard to finished product configuration and product quality & appearance.
- Clear, concise & timely communication with all levels within the management structure.
If you are experienced working within a food manufacturing environment and are looking for a new challenge, please apply and one of the team will be in touch.
The JFR Group are an employment agency working on behalf of our client. Should you be seeking a new permanent position, temporary assignment or contract you will find our staff professional and courteous and our interview process straight forward.