Salary Details:Competitive Salary & Excellent Benefits Package
Shift Details:Flexible 5/7 Shifts
About The Role
With a manufacturing operation as pacey and complex as ours, it's key we have a strong Engineering team who are on the ball and are able to keep up to the demands of the site. It's ultimately their responsibility to minimise machinery downtime whilst identifying ways to improve performance without impacting on quality and Engineer engagement.
Reporting into the Site Engineering Manager you would also be responsible for:
- Leading and supporting the Morrisons asset care programme and demonstrate its behaviours
- Have a hands on approach to repair and optimise the reliability of all equipment assets
- Co-ordinate maintenance priorities with the Maintenance team and ensure this is planned in advance to avoid production disruption and working closely with the site production team
- Undertake Crisis Incident Management, Accident and Near Miss investigations and ensure standards of discipline are maintained, handling infringements in line with company discipline & grievance procedures
- Having a hands on approach to repair and optimise the reliability of all equipment assets
About our Falfish site:
Based in Redruth and Falmouth in Cornwall, Falfish joined the Morrisons family in March 2021.
Falfish source 56 different species of fish, and supply over 80% of the fish we sell in our stores. That includes our core fish counter range like mackerel, cod, monkfish and scallops, together with more wild species of fish like Spidercrab, Wild Seabass and Seabream.
And with a team of 140 over two sites - and that fishing boat - we’ve never been more committed to bringing sustainable seafood and fish to our customers.
As well as the ability to work at pace, you will also need to have:
- Qualifications to NVQ level 3 (or equivalent, ONC mechanical/electrical engineering, BTEC level 3 in mechanical & electrical/electronic engineering)
- A proven track record in an engineering and fault finding role gained from a FMCG environment (ideally the food industry)
- A proven track record of people management and delivering strong results through a team in a people management role
- A good understanding of HACCP principles and ideally IEE qualification up to 18th edition wiring regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- Assertiveness with the ability to make decisions on the spot
- A can do attitude and a strong work ethic
In return you'll get competitive pay rates, up to 6 weeks holiday (including bank holidays) and many benefits including a discount card for you and 2 more for friends or family members giving you 10% off your shopping in Morrisons. We also offer a Retirement Saver, Free Life Assurance and much more.
About The Company
From a Bradford market stall to the UK’s 4th largest supermarket chain and the UK's 2nd largest fresh food manufacturer.
We are proud to be the Yorkshire food retailer serving customers across the UK with up to 500 stores and an online home delivery service. Our 18 manufacturing sites provide our customers with the freshest produce from flowers, fish and veg to burgers and bread, all delivered to our stores via our 6 distribution sites by our 2,000 strong fleet.
Every week, 11 million customers pass through our doors and over 110,000 colleagues across the business work hard each day to deliver great service to them. We cover more than 11 million households with our Morrisons.com service. With competitive, permanently low prices we are committed to helping our customers save money every day.
We are foodmakers and shopkeepers and #wemakemorrisons.