Day shift (8am to 4pm), Monday to Friday
Some weekend and night work required (shift rates apply)
Annual salary, circa £25,000
Perhaps you are looking for a career opportunity, somewhere you are valued and can work with a great team making amazing food products? Then come and join us!
We’re continuing to grow at an exciting pace, which has opened up more opportunities to join us. Set in the beautiful Cornish countryside, at Lostwithiel, you could be working alongside 250 Trewithen team members. With our ‘Trew Family’ ethos everyone is taken care of whilst enjoying being part of the future of dairy.
So, if you’re looking for work where you’re highly valued in an inclusive, friendly team then join us here. With excellent pay and conditions and the scope to grow, see what’s needed for you to be the perfect fit.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a laboratory supervisor at Trewithen Dairy. This role is responsible for ensuring the laboratory runs smoothly and completes all the required testing and analysis required by the business and our customers.
The main duties will include:
- To supervise all activities within the laboratory
- Ensure all testing is completed according to procedures and schedule. Follow KPI controls, report and improve completion rates where necessary.
- Ongoing review of inhouse procedures to ensure fit for purpose, support a continuous improvement approach to process including workplace organisation.
- To manage the lab rota
- To ensure staff are trained and competent. Review staff competency on an annual and ongoing basis and develop training plans. Ensure 1-2-1 process in place for all team.
- To cover within the lab as required e.g. during sickness and holidays
- Taking and maintaining routine product samples and managing retained samples
- Routine maintenance/calibration/proficiency checks of key site and laboratory equipment against agreed schedule
- Review and report inconsistencies and out of specification results to the Technical team. Ensure follow up actions conducted and resampling occurs to demonstrate compliance.
- Quarantine product and retest as needed.
- Organise and arrange despatch of product samples for external lab testing
- Participate in site GMP audits to support attainment to audit plan
- Participate in site projects when requested
- Maintain GMP/hygiene standards of the laboratory as required
- Work within site quality and health and safety requirements maintaining the needs of external and internal requirements (Food safety, legality, customer and BRC)
- Good communication through the team members and other departments to maximise performance of the team
- Following technical requirements at every stage to ensure a consistent and safe product is produced
- Proactive role on H&S within the site
- Work towards CLAS accreditation status.
- Control and ordering of stock levels
- Conduct traceability for customer/audit on request
- Play an active role in hand hygiene compliance, ensuring follow up is conducted
The person we are looking for:
Someone who has a strong team work ethic, with excellent communication skills.
Previous experience in the Dairy manufacturing industry, would be a distinct advantage as would previous supervisory experience.