Food Safety Auditor
£45,000 - £55,000 + car allowance
Homebased with travel
Food Manufacturing Auditing
Job ref: 8125
You will be working for a self-contained business unit that delivers comprehensive auditing services to UK retailers.
They are now looking to recruit an experienced Auditor to join and strengthen their existing dedicated technical team.
About the Food Safety Auditor job
Your role will be to work closely with senior site personnel to arrange technical audits that are carried out against various categories, on behalf of one of the UK’s major retailers.
You will conduct audits within the UK, Ireland and overseas which may include international (long haul) travel.
- Carry out both physical and remote audits against agreed standards specific requirements and codes of practice.
- Produce timely and accurate audit reports in accordance with customer systems and requirements and submit within agreed business KPI’s.
- Keep up to date on all quality policies, procedures, work instructions and documentation issued by customers and the company.
- Keep abreast of technical development issues and legislative changes pertaining to the food sector.
- Support business initiatives including, standards reviews, benchmarking activities and customer liaison when required.
- Operate to ensure that the highest customer service levels are met for the key client.
Skills & experience required for the Food Safety Auditor job
- Strong technical/QA background and extensive supplier auditing experience within the food industry.
- Your product background will ideally cover multiple categories (i.e. bakery, dairy, meat, desserts, fresh produce, etc.) plus preferably knowledge of complex products i.e. ready meals.
- Lead Auditor qualification (or equivalent such as ISO 9000 Lead Assessor or Third-Party Auditing).
- Flexibility to travel and stay away from home each week (within the UK, Europe and worldwide).
- Full UK / EU driving licence and valid passport.
The Food Safety Auditor job salary is £45,000 - £55,000 according to your experience plus a car allowance of approximately £4,500.
The working hours are Monday to Friday; flexibility is required given the nature of the role and travel.
How to apply
To be considered for the Food Safety Auditor job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Food Supplier Auditor | Food Auditing Jobs | Technical Manager | Technical Food Auditor | Technical Audit Consultant | Supply Auditor | Lead Auditor | Food Safety Auditing Jobs