£35,000 - £40,000
Pharmaceutical / Beauty Products
Job ref: 8145
You will be working for a renowned manufacturer of innovative pharmaceutical and beauty products which are supplied to their customers all over the world.
The business has built a strong reputation for building a culture to provide its employees with opportunities to progress and grow their careers with the company.
About the Packaging Technologist job
As Packaging Technologist, you will be the company’s technical expert for packaging and components plus support the business in packaging activities related to NPD, EPD and VRE projects.
- Provide an effective and efficient packaging development service as part of the R&D team.
- Drive customer accounts and packaging projects to ensure that all technical aspects are satisfied, at optimum cost, and within the agreed time frame
- Complete and report on appropriate testing of components to ensure packaging is safe, legal, and fit for purpose.
- Ensure that all associated specifications, reports, and records are completed.
- Attend all first production runs in relation to NPD, EPD or VRE projects and make sure each product is signed off.
- Identify and implement opportunities for improvements.
- Be the company expert on packaging related legislation and guidance.
- Help prepare and present innovative new packaging concepts and market analysis to both internal and external customers.
- Advise the quality team on how best to investigate packaging related complaints and non-conformances.
Skills & experience required for the Packaging Technologist job
- Ideally educated to a degree/HND level or equivalent.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the technical aspects of a broad range of packaging components, machinery, and manufacturing techniques.
- PIABC Level 5 Diploma in Packaging Technology is preferred but not essential.
- Possess the ability to build effective working relationships with customers, suppliers, and internal departments.
- Flexible and able to travel to supplier production sites at short notice to oversee first productions and assist with problem solving.
- Understanding of relevant packaging legislation and guidelines.
The Packaging Technologist job is based in Lancashire and is paying £35,000 - £40,000 according to your experience.
The package includes additional leave with service, pension scheme, sick pay, life assurance, healthcare cashback plan, employee assistance programme, staff giveaways, continuous performance development, employee recognition awards and long service awards.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30 am - 5 pm, with flexibility required.
How to apply
To be considered for the Packaging Technologist job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Packaging Technician | Packaging Engineer | FMCG Packaging Jobs | Packaging Designer | Food Manufacturing Packaging Jobs