£24,000 - £25,000
South Wales - Torfaen
Job ref: 8183
We are seeking a talented and passionate individual to work for a leading provider of premium quality specialist products to food manufacturers, foodservice, and retailers throughout the UK.
With a constantly expanding portfolio and innovative approach to food, the business can provide customers with products tailored to their individual needs.
About the QA Technologist job
The purpose of your role will be to ensure all products produced are safe and legal; manufactured to standards that meet or exceed all agreed internal and external specifications.
- Ensure that all products manufactured comply with customer standards including quality, safety, and legality.
- Collate product samples for routine microbiological testing and organise retained samples.
- Maintain a technical presence on the factory floor throughout the shift and provide technical support to the production team.
- Set the standards on the factory floor and improve upon these with production teams through coaching and knowledge transfer.
- Ensure that the factory floor is audit ready 365 days of the year.
Skills & experience required for the QA Technologist job
- Previous food industry QA/technical experience is preferred, this could be from a university placement or full-time role.
- Ideally educated to a degree/HND level or equivalent in food science, food technology or a related subject.
- Excellent attention to detail, be well organised, have good communication skills and be IT literate including Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Additional qualifications including HACCP, Food Safety and Food Hygiene are all desirable.
- A background of working with chilled, prepared food is also an advantage.
The QA Technologist job is based in Torfaen, South Wales and is paying £24,000 - £25,000 according to your experience.
The working hours will be a weekly rotation of day and night shifts. Sunday - Thursday, 10 pm - 6 am and Monday - Thursday, 2 pm – 10 pm.
How to apply
To be considered for the QA Technologist job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
QA Technician | QA Auditor | Quality Assurance Auditor | Quality Auditor | Quality Assistant | QA Assistant | Quality Assurance Technician | Food Industry Technical QA Jobs