Salary Details:Competitive Salary & Excellent Benefits Package
About The Role
Our Shift Managers know how to work at pace. It's ultimately their responsibility to manage our Team Managers and Warehouse Colleagues to ensure the right products are picked at a top pace so they can be sent to the right stores, on time! It's fast and ever-changing - are you up for the challenge?
Other tasks include:
- Manage all shift activities within your team scheduling rotas to achieve labour requirements
- Managing resources to deliver objectives
- Monitoring operational resource spend
- Overseeing the operation and providing problem solving guidance and coaching to your team
- Driving a culture of continuous improvement within your teams
- Team Manager performance and development
Shift: Days, 4 over 7 shifts
As well as tons of resilience you must have:
- Experience as a Shift Manager or equivalent in a fast paced Warehouse/ Distribution/ Logistics environment
- Proven experience in a people management role with the ability to deliver strong results through a team
- The ability to coach and encourage your team and help them explore opportunities to continuously improve how they do their job
- Experience in JDA or the implementation of a WMS.
- Demonstrated the ability to problem solve, and implement process changes in order to improve operational performance.
- Experience of managing budgets and controlling costs
- Strong leadership and coaching skills in order to engage motivate and develop large teams with varying skill sets
In return you'll get competitive pay rates, up to 6 weeks holiday (including bank holidays) and many benefits including a discount card for you and 2 more for friends or family members giving you 10% off your shopping in Morrisons. We also offer company share options, Retirement Saver, Free Life Assurance and much more.
About The Company
From a Bradford market stall to the UK’s 4th largest supermarket chain and the UK's 2nd largest fresh food manufacturer.
We are proud to be the Yorkshire food retailer serving customers across the UK in over almost 500 stores and an online home delivery service. Our 18 manufacturing sites provide our customers with the freshest produce from flowers, fish and veg to burgers and bread, all delivered to our stores via our 6 distribution sites by our 2,000 strong fleet.
Every week, 11 million customers pass through our doors and around 97,000 colleagues across the business work hard each day to deliver great service to them. We cover more than 11 million households with our Morrisons.com service. With competitive, permanently low prices we are committed to helping our customers save money every day.
We are foodmakers and shopkeepers and #wemakemorrisons.