My client are an FMCG business based in South London and seeking someone who will help structure
the future business whilst managing the planning function that will support and direct the operations team.
The role will ensure all our customers delivery expectations are met and exceeded whilst enabling the business
to run in an efficient and cost effective manner in line with budget expectations. Communication style will be
key in a role that covers a complex business plan.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure customer expectation is exceeded in all areas.
- Promote an ethos of internal customer delivery.
- Through the management and control of the planning function, ensure all aspects of material utilisation, labour and equipment are planned to maximise efficiency, thus satisfying despatch deadlines within technical constraints at, or below the budgeted cost.
- Manage the stock inventory ensuring we always have the correct level of stock to satisfy customer requirements but not hold too much stock to tie up cash and risk stock write off when products are delisted or refreshed.
- Provide raw material and packaging samples and costs for NPD to allow the commercial team to complete costings and maintain an accurate database of raw material costs.
- To establish and monitor all aspects of factory KPI’s routinely (e.g. output, customer service levels, yield, raw material stock levels), and work with the operations team to implement measures which will improve the efficiency of manufacturing.
- To maintain positive and effective working relationships within the factory organisation, with other Company functions and externally with customers and suppliers.
- To provide a weekly 16 week rolling forecast To plan labour and raw materials availability along with a 16 week capacity plan.
- To ensure logistics are planned to ensure we achieve delivery to the customers expectation and to the budgeted cost structure Ensure relevant paperwork is being completed accurately to satisfy our financial and technical requirements & commitments Attendance and influencing of daily control meetings. Formulate, communicate and facilitate advance plans for Christmas, Bank Holidays and major launches and promotions.
- To evaluate production implications of sales proposals.
- To assume responsibility for the safety of self and all staff whilst at work, ensuring that all requirements as laid down within the company’s health & Safety policy are implemented, monitored and maintained in order to fulfil all legislative requirements.
- Ensuring that all staff are aware of their responsibilities for health & safety and that safe working practices are adhered to at all times.
- To promote a culture which encourages continuous improvement in all areas of the business.
£50,000 - £55,000
Monday – Friday 9am-5pm