HEALTH, SAFETY & ENVIRONMENT MANAGERS - KETTERING AND SPALDING FOOD FACTORIES
About The Role
The Health, Safety and Environment Manager, Manufacturing Food Factories is a crucial role leading Morrisons Manufacturing Health & Safety Strategy resulting in clear and transparent ways of working that drive Health & Safety standards at sites today but also into the future.
Supporting our colleagues to ensure everyone’s safety is at the forefront of everything they do. Integrating effectively with the site leadership team to lead compliance to Health & Safety, Environmental and COVID-19 standards and to ensure high colleague engagement across sites.
Covering 5 days over 7, typically this will mean Monday - Friday, but we’d be keen to hear from individuals who would be able to be flexible around this to meet the needs of our sites.
As this role is field based, covering our sites across Spalding and Kettering, a car driver is required - a company car will be included in the competitive package.
Responsibilities (this list is not exhaustive);
- Ensure full compliance with all operational standards/specifications /policy and procedures.
- Oversee the site Health & Safety Management System, risk assessments, policies, procedures, and audits, based on site specific information and needs
- Drive the Health, Safety and Environment strategy formally and informally, coaching teams and colleagues to drive a Health and Safety environment and ways of working
- Provide a reactive support service for serious Health & Safety issues and incidents across the division
- Lead in the production of Health & Safety improvement plans which include short and long term plans including accident reduction
- Manage contacts from authorities, working with external partners as required; Legal, Consultants etc
- Lead the COVID-19 safe controls, continuously improving the site to ensure it remains a safe place for all, tackling non compliance and updating processes as required
- Develop an engagement and continuous improvement framework which facilitates the involvement of Colleagues at all levels
- Oversee accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrences,safety observations and ensure cases of occupational ill health are fully investigated using root cause analysis, and support site(s) to implement measures to prevent reoccurance
- Oversee the Environmental management, permits and authority engagement, e.g. effluent plants, draining to the watercourse, fuel spillages, etc
- Work with our Civil and Legal Solicitors to investigate, manage and represent the business
- Provide independent investigations of accidents, incidents and whistleblowers, reporting to the HSE as required
- An industry recognised qualification such as NEBOSH Diploma, conversant with the Health & Safety at Work Act
- A track record of achieving and building a best in class culture of health, safety and environmental policy in a complex organisation across multiple sites
- Expert technical knowledge of Health & Safety, Fire Safety & Environment Legislation, its requirements and implementation with food manufacturing sites
- Experience operating in a multi-site manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Statutory Compliance requirements and obligations
- Competent with IT systems to complete audits, develop systems and generate reports
- Strong ability to adapt communication style between colleagues at all levels
- Self motivated and highly organised with a high attention to detail
About The Company
We’re passionate about providing quality, value and freshness from farm to fork.
Putting our customers and colleagues first, our teams champion safety, quality, legality and integrity across every aspect of our business. We keep a close eye on everything to provide products and services our customers, stakeholders and communities can trust.
Caring about our customers and colleagues, we build our brand and put new ideas into action on Market Street. We audit stores and manage any incidents. We consult with government and agencies on new developments. We keep everyone safe and make sure everything is legal and top-notch quality from our logistics and manufacturing sites to our stores, suppliers and own-brand products.