This is a very interesting role for anyone that wants to get involved in food manufacturing. You will be supporting the production and packing of all our gluten free oat products. For this role, you will need to be able to carry a minimum of 20-25kg multiple times daily. This will initially be a 3-month fixed term contract with the possibility of becoming a permanent contract.
Who we are
We are an independent business led by sister and brother team, Rebecca, and Philip Rayner, on their family farm in Cambridgeshire. We’re the only farm in the UK growing and processing gluten free oats into porridge flakes, oat flour and our delicious gluten free oat drink, PureOaty. Since we’re involved in every step of growing, milling, and manufacturing our oats, we know exactly what goes into everything we produce. We are the premier supplier of gluten free oats throughout Europe and supply customers and manufacturers right around the world.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Ensure compliance with health and safety/food safety and hygiene controls
- Maintain GMP standards in area
- Ensure waste is fully segregated in line with company procedures
- Stacking of pallets as required
- Remove waste and keep yards and work areas clean and tidy
- Able to safely use hand pump trucks
- Able to identify material and product varieties
- Assist with the collection of quality samples
- Infeed and collection to/from Productions Areas and Goods In.
- Working closely with Operation to ensure right products are delivered as and when required to ensure optimum stock levels at all times in production floor.
Skills and experience
This role requires the following technical skills and experience:
- Must have good food and safety knowledge.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and production process.
- Forklift driving experience would be of advantage.
This role requires the following personal attributes:
- Great attention to detail.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Able to communicate with people from different backgrounds.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and to lift or shift boxes/pallets around.