Account Director (NPD/Technical)
Homebased – travel to Warwickshire
Taking responsibility for a major retailer account, you will ensure delivery of quality work that meets the client's needs. Building a professional, approachable team who love what they do, are open to new ideas and take an honest, straight forward approach to delivering exceptional service, you will nurture the client relationship, optimise opportunities and deliver against identified targets.
- Responsible for the commercial performance of the client.
- Management of all commercial negotiations for existing or new services.
- Build key stakeholder relationships with relevant Stakeholders for the Client, including the Graphic Service Provider (GSP) and technical system provider.
- Manage the day to day running of all aspects of the service to ensure the client needs are met
- Weekly update meetings with the Client to discuss the status of service delivery across the business, raising concerns regarding volumes, category issues and any delays
- Monthly governance reporting
You’ll be an enthusiastic, pro-active, organised candidate who is eager to learn and thrives in a fast-paced environment. You will need the ability to make decisions and prioritise whilst keeping up communications internally as well as with the client, other stakeholders and suppliers.
The successful candidate will be a positive and pro-active commercial manager and team leader; able to understand issues and offer innovative solutions at a strategic and operational level, with the ability to drive the success of the process. Ideally the Account Director will have knowledge of the food technical and regulatory processes and ideally experience of working for a supplier to a major retailer. Understanding of the product development processes is an advantage.
The Account Director must be experienced in dealing with clients and communicating effectively across all levels of the organisation. They will have excellent diplomacy and negotiation skills.