We have a fantastic opportunity for a Category Technical Manager to join our team on a 12/15 month fixed term basis. You will part of Asdas journey to become Britain's most trusted retailer. This will be achieved by working with our business partners to lead and deliver due diligence and brand requirements in our accountable categories and throughout our teams. As an Technical Manager you will have experience of leading complex food categories within retail, FMCG or a manufacturing environment.
What you'll be responsible for:
Promoting a Culture of Food safety and integrity:
- Managing the delivery of product and supplier integrity across ASDA supply base for products we sell to our customers.
- Organizing and chairing internal and external review meetings.
- Manage the Technical review process, engaging business partners from start to end in line with our policy.
- Supporting the delivery of excellent supplier communications – e.g. supplier conferences / training programs.
Enabling Business Strategy
- Be the category strategic lead for technical and quality compliance in your accountable areas, working cross functionally to support the senior manager to deliver the business strategy.
- Conduct strategic risk assessment reviews of the supplier base in conjunction with risk and strategic category plans.
- Ensure all visits and audits are completed as required after following a consistent, robust and documented risk assessment.
- Work as an enabler to your business partners, adding value to the category through knowledge of your supply base and product range.
Protect and enhance the brand
- Ensure all specifications in the HIVE have a risk assessment, are agreed with your business partners and actioned as required.
- Ensure all active supplying sites are on the HIVE, and have required compliance and Responsible sourcing documentation
- Support the development, engagement (internal and external) and delivery of policies or processes relevant to your category areas to ensure compliance is embedded and effective at point of launch.
- Active participation in Horizon Scanning (internal / external) of the category area, investigating anomalies and supporting development of policy and processes to mitigate Asda brand exposure to risk.
- Experience of leading complex food categories within retail, FMCG or Manufacturing environment. A natural problem solver and credible leader
- Influence both internal and external stakeholders by demonstrating your professional knowledge and area of expertise
- Degree or equivalent in relevant product or scientific area
- A solid background gained within a similar technical role, supplemented with extensive industry experience in category
- Understanding of technical and manufacturing processes
- Commercial and customer awareness
- Proven track record of results delivery & decision making
- The ability to “make a difference” with a commercial instinct
- Build strong sustainable and mutually beneficial relationships with key suppliers
Work Where it Works.
Our hybrid way of working gives you the choice to work where it works. This enables you to choose where you'll be the most effective. It offers a mix of working from home and in an office environment that works best for you and your team.
You will also get a benefit package including:
- £5,700 company car or car allowance plus discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards.
We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.