Farm Sustainability Manager
2 roles available: South West and South East of England
Home based role with travel required
Monday - Friday
Full time, permanent role
Competitive salary + company car + bonus
Do you want to boost your career in a dynamic and global FMCG company? We are currently looking to recruit 2 Farm Sustainability Managers following a restructure within the team. We are looking for 2 individuals to join the team to cover the South West and the South East regions in the UK. You will be working from home with some requirement to be in our head office based in Leeds once a week or fortnight. As a Farm Sustainability Manager you will be reporting into the UK Agricultural Director.
As a Farm Sustainability Manager you will have a really close relationship with our farmer owners, creating change and driving the agenda to achieve the Arla Net Zero Sustainability strategy. We are looking for someone who’s passionate about agriculture and is used to operating within this fast paced, challenging environment. Are you a natural people leader who can drive high performance through a strong ability to influence and communicate? If so then we would love to hear from you!
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Execute the Arla on-farm Net Zero Sustainability strategy
- Lead the implementation of Arla’s advisory strategy to ensure that decisions and actions on farms will enable us as a co-operative to reach our climate targets
- Utilising data insights to help Arla farmers benchmark to identify areas for improvements
- Influencing farmers to implement actions on their farm which will drive their continuous climate journey Increasing motivation and acceptance levels of our farmers on sustainability (measured via owner survey)
- Delivery of farm climate workshop programme. Organise and facilitate farmer meetings, farm house/Arla local meetings with invited specialists (eg. climate specialist/external experts) which will ensure that farmers know what they need to implement to deliver on their sustainability targets
- Collaboration with commercial teams to develop evidence based proof point for customers and the Arla business
- Responsibility for sustainability stakeholders within your region. Managing stakeholder mapping, relationships, collaboration and onboarding of key stakeholders around the farmers in their community (advisors, vets, feed consultants, financial institutions etc.)
The type of person we are looking for:
- Be comfortable in a fast paced Food manufacturing environment and be able to challenge practices and standards when on site
- Be an advocate for Sustainability and be passionate about driving sustainable change
- Confidently be able to work independently and remotely from your Line Manager and team colleagues – be highly self-motivated
- Prior knowledge and use of PowerBI will be useful in this role
- Operate competently in a matrix operation and be a confident influencer among peers and senior stakeholders
- Motivational character who is familiar with the barriers to change/act and has experience with driving practical change on farm.
- Possess strong project management skills
We have a purpose for Good
At Arla, we strive to unlock the highest potential in each other while working together to create a sustainable future of dairy. We call it Stronger People Stronger Planet and it is deeply anchored in our organisation and founded on our commitment to respecting human rights, increasing access to healthy dairy nutrition, inspiring good food habits, and improving the environment for future generations. In order to succeed we need to hire people with a sustainable mindset. Could this be you?
BEWARE! RECRUITMENT FRAUD
It has come to our attention that there are a number of fraudulent emails and fake recruitment campaigns on the internet from people purporting to work for Arla Foods. Learn more via this link.