*** 12-15m maternity cover for a UK Retail Controller ***
The successful applicant will be able to manage a professional, approachable team who love what they do, are open to new ideas and take an honest, straight forward approach to delivering exceptional service. Surrounded and supported by Ashbury’s Technical and Regulatory specialists you will nurture the client relationship, optimise opportunities and deliver against identified targets.
You will need proven experience of leading and influencing teams (internally and externally); proven leadership of client accounts, professional and commercial acumen
- The key objectives will be to drive sales, profit, service usage and visibility of Ashbury within the agreed client portfolio, achieving and exceeding set targets and budget and taking responsibility for developing an effective strategy to achieve Business Plan objectives.
- To build strong relationships and interface superbly across multiple functions and levels. Working cross functionally both internally and externally, you are responsible for all aspects of the client relationship(s) in your portfolio.
- Manage the client portfolio P&L and revenue forecasting – understanding margin required and margin achieved.
- Setting the strategic business development plan for the clients and/or market sectors you are responsible for.
- Working with your direct reports, identify opportunities to drive continuous improvement, in the current ways of working of the Client and Ashbury.
- Ensuring any capacity risks or new project volumes are managed appropriately by your Teams with internal and external stakeholders, with potential solutions identified where appropriate.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrable customer and internal stakeholder management skills
- Strong commercial acumen skill and experience of negotiating with retailers or large food manufacturers
- Management of varied workload within a fast-paced environment, ideally within a client facing role
- Knowledge of the Food Industry through work experience or a relevant Qualification
- Analytical, structured thinker with attention to detail but able to communicate complex issues in a concise, understandable manner.
- Proactive, motivated and driven
- Excellent attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
The role is available for a September 2022 start for approx 15 months. We are offering home working but with travel to client sites or our London Head Office for meetings. Excellent package including enhanced pension, health insurance and death in service .