PepsiCo is one of the world's leading food and beverage companies serving more than 200 countries and territories around the world.
Every day millions of people in the UK enjoy our oats, snacks, juices and beverages. The 4,500 strong team behind these household names is spread across our 10 UK sites. Our vision is to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. Behind this vision lies a passion for sustainability and a commitment to doing business in the right way. We strongly believe that integrating purpose into our business strategy will be the key to our future success.
Join the world of PepsiCo Supply Chain, our factory in Coventry is one our biggest snacks manufacturing site in the UK, producing a number of well-known brands including Doritos, SunBites, Squares, French Fries, Wotsits and Monster Munch. It is a multi-technology plant with significant automation and is home to around 650 of our team. Our Coventry site is a fast paced and ever changing environment, we can go from idea to implementation in a matter of days. You will be inspired by the drive of your team and feel a true sense of connection and comradery with your colleagues who are proud to work at Coventry.
Reports to: Reliability Manager
Direct reports: None
Working Hours: 12 hour shifts between Monday to Friday. This will be an average of 44 hours per week.
As a Multi Skilled Engineer - Days (internally known as Asset Care Technician) you will provide a high level of technical support to Engineering and Operations, ensuring specific planned maintenance requirements are met, and reactive maintenance activities are supported, providing technical feedback for all engineering related activities.
Roles & Responsibilities
Asset Care Technicians are expected to be flexible in their approach to work to support business needs. This list is not exhaustive:
Shutdown Execution & Production Support
- Work with Maintenance Planners , Maintenance Coordinators and Manufacturing Technicians to ensure all planned maintenance is completed.
- Provide additional reactive support to Shift Technicians/Operations teams, when required.
- Create link with CSS, EDH, Reliability Engineer & Condition Monitoring Specialist to support completion of preventative and RCA actions.
- Support Specialist teams delivering action completion and continuous improvement support.
- Provide support to ensure maintenance plans and stores holdings are correct.
Engineering Best Practice
- Lead and support improvements through CI initiatives and preventative actions (to include health & safety and food safety actions).
- Drive and own root cause analysis completion.
- Creation of Visual Management for Planned Maintenance tasks.
- Ambassador for engineering standards and best practice across site.
- Effective capture of all planned/reactive maintenance activities in CMMS.
What we are looking for:
- Time served mechanical or electrical apprentice, or ONC/HNC (or equivalent) qualified with experience in a maintenance/FMCG environment
- Computer literate & software familiarity (word, excel, etc).
- Good influencing, communication and decision making skills.
- Motivated self-starter with good prioritisation & planning skills.
- Effective team member.
- Display coaching & mentoring skills for Shift peers, Apprentices, Manufacturing Technicians and Front Line Employees
Preferred (but not Essential) Qualifications:
- Recognised Electrical (min. 17th Edition) or Mechanical Qualification
- Electrically Qualified (City & Guilds 2391 or City & Guilds 239-4/5).
- Provision of specialist skills to include WAH, Confined Space, Gas Safety, essential training to be given.
- PLC Skills including fault finding, maintenance & programming.
- Fabrication skills.
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills, incorporating data analysis and trending
- Working knowledge of CMMS systems and the associated applications (MP2/SAP)
Salary & Benefits:
- £41,174 per annum (inclusive of shift allowance)
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- 23 days holiday (with the option to buy/sell holiday)
- PPE provided by the business
- Free onsite parking
- Staff discount shop
- Cycle to work scheme
- Subsidised Canteen
- Long Service Rewards
We pride ourselves on our superb work force. The people in this business genuinely care about doing a great job! We have a common goal - strive to continuously improve our business performance and our own personal development. With the majority of executive team having been promoted organically, we are continually developing and encouraging our employees to push themselves further and offer them support with their continual learning. Career progression is incredibly important to us and we provide great opportunities to grow a long term career.