Planning & Supply Chain Manager
up to £55,000
Job ref: 8191
This role is working for a well-established prepared foods manufacturer which produces great tasting products to the highest standards.
Based in a modern, BRC accredited facility, the business work with some of the biggest and most progressive names in the grocery, retail, and wholesale sector.
This is a new role that has been created due to the ongoing success and expansion of the business.
The purpose of your role as Planning & Supply Chain Manager is to play a pivotal role within the business providing both short term operational planning and longer-term forward forecasting.
You will lead a talented team of Planners and Logistics Operatives and develop the company’s planning capability by enhancing the planning systems and developing the team.
- Ensure all production plans are submitted and aligned to meet KPIs.
- Manage planning master data maintenance ensuring the accuracy of data is adhered to.
- Effective planning and budget responsibility for labour alongside the Operations Managers to minimise cost impact.
- Attend monthly S&OP meetings to review forecasts and ensure capacity requirements are met.
- Promote a can-do attitude and lead by example, develop self‐managed and motivated teams with the capacity to drive their own performance standards.
- Manage accurate stock counting on a weekly monthly and annual basis to support the finance team.
- Manage the warehousing for both on and off site, in chilled frozen and ambient materials.
- Manage incoming and outgoing logistics and their respective teams.
Skills and experience required for the Planning & Supply Chain Manager job
- Strong supply chain and planning experience within an FMCG manufacturing environment (food, pharma, chemical, packaging etc.)
- Educated to a Degree/HND level or equivalent in a supply chain capacity is desirable.
- Excellent leadership capabilities and proven management experience, developing and mentoring staff to achieve their full potential.
- An analytical mindset and fully conversant with all aspects of production planning, MRP, forecasting, and capacity planning.
- Excellent IT skills with a strong understanding of Excel and Sage or equivalent.
The Planning & Supply Chain Manager job is based in Lancashire and is paying up to £55,000 according to your experience.
The package includes 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays, and an annual bonus scheme.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week, office hours.
How to apply
To be considered for the Planning & Supply Chain Manager job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Production Planning Manager | Head of Supply Chain | Head of Planning | Logistics Manager | Senior Production Planner | Supply Chain Management Jobs in FMCG | Food Supply Chain Jobs