PepsiCo is one of the world's leading food and beverage companies serving more than 200 countries and territories around the world.
Every day millions of people in the UK enjoy our oats, snacks, juices and beverages. The 4,500 strong team behind these household names is spread across our 10 UK sites. Our vision is to Be the Global Leader in Convenient Foods and Beverages by Winning with Purpose. Behind this vision lies a passion for sustainability and a commitment to doing business in the right way. We strongly believe that integrating purpose into our business strategy will be the key to our future success.
Join the world of PepsiCo Supply Chain, our famous Leycroft Road manufacturing site is world's largest crisp factory producing millions of bags every day. It's already a great plant but our ambition is to make it even greater. We not only want to be the largest crisp factory in the world, we want to be the best and that's where you come in! Your leadership, innovation and problem solving skills will be utilised to the fullest; where in this fast paced and ever changing environment, we can go from idea to implementation in a matter of days. You will be inspired by the drive of your team and feel a true sense of connection and comradery with your colleagues who are proud to work in Leicester.
Reports to: Shift Operations Manager
Direct reports: None
Working Hours: 12 hour continental shifts, based on a 4 on / 4 off pattern across nights and days. This will include working weekends and bank holidays.
To maintain a safe, healthy and hygienic work place, through ensuring safety and housekeeping standards are met, maintained and exceeded as detailed in The Health & Safety At Work Act 1974 and any other relevant legislation or Pepsico internal standard.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Have a thorough knowledge of the area with regard for line layout, bin routes, correct placing of raw materials and line consumables
- Recognise point of contact (SOM, PC, MT and GO'S)
- Understand the importance of line consumables and keep the line supplied at all time during production
- Waste Management including the segregation and disposal of waste using the correct streams
- Clear communication with the FLE's to keep bagged and unbagged waste separated
The above lists are not exhaustive and you will be required to complete other GSO duties from time to time.
What we are looking for:
- Confident communicator with a positive self-starter attitude who is conscientious and focused on results
- Ability to work as part of a team and willingness to learn in an autonomous role
- Basic numerical, reading and computer skills
- Organised and methodical person, but not afraid of working under pressure
- Flexible and proactive person with the ability to solve basic problems
Salary & Benefits:
- £21,512.87 per annum
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- 23 days holiday (with the option to buy/sell holiday)
- PPE provided by the business
- Staff discount shop
- Cycle to work scheme
- Subsidized Canteen
- Long Service Rewards
We pride ourselves on our superb work force. The people in this business genuinely care about doing a great job! We have a common goal - strive to continuously improve our business performance and our own personal development. With the majority of executive team having been promoted organically, we are continually developing and encouraging our employees to push themselves further and offer them support with their continual learning. Career progression is incredibly important to us and we provide great opportunities to grow a long term career.