JOB DESCRIPTION AND FURTHER INFORMATION
Job Title: Quality and Production Management Technician (until end June 2023 (Knowledge Transfer Affiliate)
Department: Grŵp Llandrillo Menai – Food Technology Centre
Location: 9 Meals Fom Anarchy, 1F Brymau Three, River Lane, Saltney, CH4 8RQ
Salary: Set Point: £25,600 per annum
(with local arrangement possible for the right candidate)
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
(Typically: 09.00 – 17.00 Mon – Friday)
Annual Leave: 28 days including Bank holidays
Responsible to: Appropriate Academic Supervisor and Managing Director
The Grwp Llandrillo Menai Food Technology Centre, in collaboration with Food Innovation Wales, has a series of fixed-term full-time and part-time positions for Knowledge Exchange Affiliates to work within Small to Medium Enterprise (SME) companies in the food manufacturing sector in Wales.
The Affiliate will work with Industrial Supervisors in approved partner organisations to support projects in a range of areas within this sector of the Welsh economy.
This project provides an opportunity to work in partnership with 9 Meals from Anarchy, and the Food Technology Centre.
9 Meals from Anarchy produce a range of award-winning organic stocks. https://www.ninemealsfromanarchy.co.uk/
The Food Technology Centre offers technical support, NPD services and training to the food industry. http://www.foodtech-llangefni.co.uk/
The aim of the project is:
To assist in the streamlining of the Quality Management System to improve processes and procedures both on the factory floor and in terms of ensuring documentation, is in line with the requirements of the accreditation standard SALSA
The project will involve reviewing the current systems and working towards achieving the new Issue version 6 in May 2023.
This will include a variety of audit formats to assist with closing gaps in the system with the aim of maintaining compliance and accreditation. This will be done with the assistance of, and in conjunction with the Company Co-founder. The role will involve a number of technical duties which will help implement the site’s compliance against food safety, quality and legislative parameters and help drive improvements in quality, consistency and efficiency across the manufacturing process.
The successful applicant will receive mentored support and training as part of this HELIX Affiliate programme, largely based at the production site at 1F Brymau Thrree Estate, River Lane, Saltney, CH4 8RQ . This role is 60% factory-based and 40% office-based.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
● To support the maintenance of accreditation to SALSA and work towards and support the attainment of SALSA Version 6.
● Critically evaluate existing food safety and quality management practices and identify the steps needed to embed improvements and streamline processes - where deemed applicable support the implementation of changes in accordance with good management practice and in compliance with relevant legislation and industry technical instructions.
● Work closely with production staff to support relationships with all existing and new customers, ensuring you provide the highest level of customer service and support at every opportunity.
● Implementation of the HACCP system and monitoring of CCPs within the factory via critical staff.
● Internal auditing of Good Manufacturing Practice & processes, to include factory environment, staff facilities, exterior & fabrication of the building, and product quality audits
● Supplier approval and monitoring and ensuring intake raw materials and paperwork adhere to specifications, and developing a relationship with suppliers.
● Carry out traceability checks and ensure procedures are followed within the factory
● Carrying out forward and backward mass balance traceability checks
● Allergen control and verification, ensuring the pre-requisite programme is followed.
● Monitoring non-conformance and implementation of corrective actions and root cause analysis when required.
● Liaise with the NPD process to ensure that new products are integrated into the site food safety controls and quality system, with a view to eventually managing the NPD process.
● Implement the complaints procedure, including customer liaison and investigation of the issues including root cause analysis where applicable.
● Assist with third party audits and customer visits.
● Assist with implementing procedures through training of site personnel.
● Horizon scanning and reporting.
● Ensure the site maintains and meets the requirements of Organic accreditation.
● Undertake a formal evaluation of the project and report.
● Undertake relevant training as required by the role.
These guidelines are provided to assist you in the performance of your contract. Grwp Llandrillo Menai is a dynamic organisation; therefore, changes may be required from time to time. Any changes will be made in consultation with the post-holder. The Summary of Duties and Responsibilities is not intended to be an exhaustive list of tasks performed. Other associated technical tasks are likely to be performed as directed by the line manager.
It is accepted that individual staff will have a specialist skills and knowledge base in relation to the role they have been appointed to. In addition to this, Grwp Llandrillo Menai expects that all staff will conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner at all times and have particular regard for their responsibilities under Grwp Llandrillo Menai’s Equalities, Financial, Environmental and Sustainability, Human Resources and Health and Safety policies and procedures.