A fantastic, UK, award winning food manufacturing client has an opportunity for a Product Developer.
This is a brilliant opportunity for the right person with bundles of energy, drive, and enthusiasm to join a fast-paced team working in the food manufacturing industry!
The Product Developer will help support the NPD Manager to deliver key customer account projects and to manage product development for other customers and brands. To develop the brands and private label business through the NPD procedure on time and to budget. To be an ambassador for the innovation process with the wider innovation team; communicating briefs clearly, managing projects effectively and evaluating against commercially quantifiable measures. To support the development of a foodie culture and consumer driven focus to product development; seeking out food insights, consumer trends, new competitor products, promote product knowledge and share success of projects with the NPD team.
• To understand & facilitate others through the gated NPD process supporting members of the team to understand their role and responsibility in completing their actions on time.
• To receive Funnel concepts and with the Project Sponsor, write clear briefs and timelines, managing the gates with a relevant depth of information at each stage.
• To maintain the brief and timeline to ensure all documentation is completed in preparation for gates and profitability is tracked highlighting any concerns.
• To develop delicious product recipes that champion flavour, are on trend and meet the capabilities of our factories, then ensure all validation work is carried out on recipe suggestions as per retailer procedures.
• Ensure all product information required for the launch of the product is completed in the correct format and distributed to the relevant stakeholders (NLFs, QAS, Specs, Weights & Measures, Brandbank, recipes, photography, renders, consumer copy).
• Demonstrate a consistent approach to Food Hygiene, Quality and Health & Safety procedures throughout the workplace
• Attend and co-ordinate benchmarking sessions ensuring they are carried out in the correct manner and that all information generated is recorded and communicated accurately
• Understand nutrition and labelling law with support from Technical and be the ‘Go to’ expert for product features and benefits.
• To formulate, develop and prepare samples in accordance with company and customer capabilities/guidelines.
• Work with Process Technologist to co-ordinate factory trials ensuring all information is recorded and communicated accurately, efficiently & in a timely manner.
• Co-ordinate Post Launch Reviews ensuring the review of objectives, commercial return and that all information generated is recorded and communicated accurately.
• And more !!
• Minimum of two years commercial food development background, preferably in an FMCG environment.
• Relevant food qualification or degree- Food Science or Food Technology Degree/HND.
• Passionate about flavour, food and innovation.
• Leads by example and is an innovation champion and facilitator of change.
• Effective multi-tasker; can work on multiple projects, managing timelines and prioritise tasks and actions accordingly.
• Excellent listening and facilitation skills.
• Good commercial awareness and is accurate and methodical in approach.
• Good communication and presentation skills.
• Have a good working knowledge of client procedures/systems (including Navision, Stevens, Cape Pack).
• Support the business as a team player when needed – e.g. Display stands, exhibitions, stock taking, web-shop fulfilment.
• Demonstrate a consistent approach to Quality, Food Hygiene and Health & Safety procedures throughout the workplace.
• Adhere to all company rules and procedures.
• Always ensure compliance to the Company’s Data Protection Policy
• Monday – Friday, 2 days WFH, flexible hours
• 28 days holiday
• Travel, Hotel, and food expenses paid for when travelling to another site. Travelling to the other site will be occasionally