PLC/ Automation/ Control Systems Engineering Manager
- Do you want to work for a global business at their UK Flagship site based in the beautiful Southwest of England ?
- Are you looking for your next role in Engineering Management with specialism in Power/ Control systems ?
- If you answered “yes” to these and are looking for a new challenge this could be the job for you!
Salary: Circa £50-62k + Excellent Benefits including Bonus, Healthcare , Pension etc
- Ideally 5 years’ experience working in a role related to electrical/electronic engineering with controls and automation exposure.
- A time served Apprenticeship, HNC, City & Guilds equivalent or Degree.
- Extensive understanding of PLC systems Schneider equipment and software i.e., AVEVA Wonderware, Building Management System (BMS), Energy Monitoring System (EMS), Telemecanique etc.
- Extensive understanding of Rockwell Automation using systems such as Allen Bradley, Siemens, SLC, Contrologix, RSView, Startix, Powerflex, Asset Centre etc.
- Implementation and installation experience of industrial networks with focused risk reduction in system venerability.
- Evidence of significant success in improving business performance through a structured and systematic approach to Planned Maintenance and Asset Management.
Reporting to the Chief Engineer, as Control Systems Engineering Manager you will manage a team of talented Automation/PLC Engineers work at this state of the art manufacturing site.
- Being responsible for the leadership, development and implementation of the power, control and cyber security system activities associated with engineering (maintenance and capital delivery as well as plant operations).
- Ensuring statutory compliance, support and guidance into the site functions.
- Improving site power, control and cyber security system performance through the development of its systems, processes and procedures.
- Using the site data (Operations and Engineering) to drive improvements in H&S, Quality, Cost, Performance and Delivery. Use of systems such as Dynamix AX, CarbonDeskTop, Schneider EMS, budgetary accounts etc.
- Reducing site risk for all power, control and cyber security systems by ensuring structured maintenance plans are in place, regular archived back-ups with implementation procedure, effective software update strategy, obsolesce reviews with short term and long term plans and training plan for onsite engineers with documented procedures.
- Supporting and implement site Risk Control Standards (RCS).
- Supporting CI and reliability improvements and in the event of any changes/ modifications, ensure they are captured in relevant systems documentation and change control process followed.
- Managing and driving the functional agenda to prioritise the activities, resource in order to maximise value and minimise risk.
- Ensuring site power and control equipment, as well as systems, is safe, compliant, reliable and cost
- My client is a global FMCG manufacturer
- They are an Employer of Choice and offer excellent career opportunities and benefit package for all their employees
- Get in touch! If you think this role is for you, email your CV to Cable@silven.co.uk with MC11397 as a reference or give me a call on 07792 465247 (mobile) and I’ll be more than happy to have a chat and give you more information!
- Not for you? That’s ok! Maybe you know someone who would be suitable for this position? Pass them the link!