This progressive chilled food business is part of a larger food group. With exciting plans for the site and their customer base, the business now seeks to recruit an experienced Technical Manager. As the site technical lead, you will be responsible for driving the technical and quality agenda and managing a team to ensure the site meets the highest levels of quality, hygiene and food safety.
- To lead and develop a high performing Technical team, focusing on training and development through annual reviews and consistently striving to improve team performance on a day to day basis.
- Engage the whole team across the site to buy into the technical agenda in order to help achieve the set goals.
- To continuously improve the Quality Culture Plan by encouraging the wider team to embrace the standards set.
- Provide a strong presence in the factory and on site by spending time there daily. During this time to have a particular focus on hygiene standards and GMP.
- Manage the site HACCP and its use to facilitate food safety of our products.
- Ensure site compliance to the latest BRC version standard and the also site approval to this standard, be fully up to date with the manual and any updates.
- Supplier specifications for all raw materials to be maintained and up to date. Library to be kept for the relevant information and documentation.
- Site quality risk assessments and validations to be completed for raw and finished product for allergens, microbiology for process, product and the environment.
- Responsible for overseeing customer complaints
- Review complaints on a regular basis and work to continuously reduce CPM
- Liaise with suppliers on quality and technical issues, including warranted non-conformances.
- Professional and proactive work ethic
- Excellent problem solving and analysis
- High attention to detail
- Driving performance by working collaboratively and engaging with technical and the factory teams.
- Ability to build excellent relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Natural enthusiasm and ability to lead by example.
- Developing the team to deliver high performance and standards.
- To put health and safety first.
- Maintain professional behaviours’ whilst working under pressure.
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.