A truly fantastic opportunity for somebody looking to broaden and strengthen their buying experience at one of the largest international retailers has become available.
You will be able to build your profile across the wider business through the delivery of key initiatives which are essential for the continued success of the category.
This is a key Buying Manager position within the team (established with line management responsibility), with the opportunity to lead strategic relationships across many large FMCG suppliers.
• Building a customer focused, long term category strategy that delivers sustainable growth for the business & drives market out-performance
• Finding, developing and managing both branded & OB suppliers, to deliver their customer propositions and their joint business targets whilst ensuring that product quality is achieved & maintained
• Working with suppliers to build a strong Buy/Move plan that ensures their products are manufactured, moved & sold in the most efficient way possible
• Effectively managing commodity and currency risk and negotiating a sustainable, market leading commercial position
• Forecasting and managing budgets effectively, delivering quantum profit targets and always being cost conscious
• Developing and leading a high performing team, giving you the opportunities to be your best
• Adhering to all their policies, storage and hand-over protocols and successfully completing all the training so that you have zero GSCOP breaches. Ensuring all agreements are recorded in writing, reporting GSCOP complaints to Legal within 48 hours of receipt, and leading a culture of compliance within the team
• Following our Business Code of Conduct and always acting with integrity and due diligence
• Commercial buying experience
• Experience of managing cost models
• Range and trade planning
• Report preparation and analysis
• Operational skills relevant for this job:
• Influencing and negotiation
• Stakeholder Management
• Supplier Management
• Buying management
• Data Analysis
• Microsoft Excel
• Supplier economics
Ref Code: FMW40587
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.