£30,000 - £35,000 + benefits
Job ref: 8193
You will be working within a modern and recently built manufacturing facility for a successful food manufacturer which produces an exceptional range of high quality, great-tasting food products.
Using responsibly sourced ingredients, the company are proud of their reputation of truly understanding their customer and offering innovative, market-leading products.
About the Specifications Technologist job
As a member of a busy technical development team, you will be responsible for supporting the maintenance of ingredient, finished product and process specifications for both branded and customer own label products.
- Maintain the raw material supplier systems; obtain up to date BRC certificates, raw materials specifications, and maintain supplier questionnaires.
- Create first draft specifications for a variety of customers and work on the retailer specification systems
- Liaise with the process team regarding the compilation of information including shelf life and analytical results.
- Ensure each product has an approved and finalised product specification
- Be involved with the generation and checking off artworks.
Skills & experience required for the Specifications Technologist job
- Food industry technical administration/specifications experience, with knowledge of writing retailer specifications.
- Ideally degree/NHD educated in a food science, food technology or nutrition discipline.
- A background of working with products such as chilled prepared foods, ready meals, food-to-go or similar product would be an advantage.
- Must be adaptable to working in a fast-paced environment and be good at managing different work criteria.
The Specifications Technologist job is based in Buckinghamshire and is paying £30,000 - 35,000 according to your experience.
The package includes 25 days of holiday plus 8 days annual leave, up to 6% matched pension, Cash Health Plan and KPI bonus based on company/individual performance.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 8.30 am to 4.30 pm.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button to be considered for the Specifications Technologist job.
After you submit your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days, assuming that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Specification Technologist | Specifications Writer | Technical Administrator | Technical Assistant | Technical Officer | Food Technologist | Food Industry Specifications Jobs