My client has an urgent need for an experienced Raw Material Specification Technologist, please get in contact if you are available immediately, hybrid working.
My client is looking for an experience Technologist to join their small team working on supplier approval and raw material specifications.
Hybrid working three days in the office and two days from home.
You will need to be able to drive and have a car due to limited public access to the site.
Start date - asap - must be available by June 2022
Reporting into the Technical Supply Chain Manager, you will form part of a small team of 11 managing around 900 suppliers and 10,000 raw materials.
Your role will be focused on new raw materials which equates to around 200 along with two other members of the team.
Your role will involve: -
- Checking and approving raw material specifications against legal requirements, and customer polices within the assigned time frame
- Checking, approving and reviewing raw material suppliers ensuring that they have been approved as per the supplier approval procedure
- Ensuring raw material specifications are approved and readily available to the site
- Developing and maintaining partnerships with suppliers through monitoring of standards, giving feedback and advice and, when required, overseeing an action plan to rectify non-conformances and improve standards
- Organising and leading meetings with sites to discuss suppliers and raw materials status
- Maintaining the database with all supplier approval packs - Including Quor, SharePoint, and Access Databases
To apply you will ideally
- Be educated to degree level within the Food Sector
- Must have a minimum one year's experience of writing or checking specifications against legal and customer requirements
- Have excellent communication skills as group technical deal with customers, suppliers, auditors, and various departments within all sites
- Be able to work in a small team and also individually
- Must be organised with good time-management skills, as you will be dealing with various queries from customers and sites across the group
- Hold a full, current driving licence and have access to a car
The successful applicant must be computer literate with experience of cloud-based systems and Microsoft Applications.
Call today for further information.