QEHS Manager- Taw Valley
As a member of the site Leadership Team at our Taw Valley Creamery, you’ll make sure that the nation gets our award winning, high quality cheeses including Tickler, BOB, Cheddar and Red Leicester. This is your chance be a key player at a plant that won ‘Site of the Year 2021’ for Arla in the UK.
So what will you actually do?
As Quality, Environment, Health & Safety Manager, you’ll drive the QEHS culture on site, providing health & safety as well as technical expertise. This is a fast- paced operation, where ambition and long term strategy is championed. Reporting in to the Site Director, you’ll build relationships with your colleagues across the site to understand the goals of the site and formulate strategies to collaboratively achieve them.
Other duties include;
- Drive the site business plans linked to Arla’s Strategy 26 plans. Apply Arla Food’s management systems on site and coordinate/lead internal & external audits Ensure that the site complies with Arla Foods’ standards and policies as well as customer requirements and wider legislation Maintain certificated standards on site Work closely with the wider Arla UK QEHS leadership teams and Global teams to share and contribute ideas Drive the health and safety culture and mindset on site Development of the in- house HACCP and EHS risk assessment team Develop a long term QEHS change management strategy for site Maintain, monitor and report on all QEHS data for the site to be shared with the wider team and global stakeholders Budget management for the QEHS department Delivering continuous improvement and Lean techniques through QEHS improvement projects
What you’ll need in order to be successful in the role
- Leadership experience within a food manufacturing environment – this could be Technical/ Quality, Environment, Health & Safety Manager. A people- focused and commercial approach A naturally strategic way of thinking Degree qualified or equivalent within a relevant discipline Recommended: NEBOSH, Haccp level 4, Food safety level 4, Internal audit experience.
Things we’d love to tell you about Arla
- We are a farmer- owned cooperative. That means we are committed to partnering with farmers so they are guaranteed a fair price for their milk.
- We experimented with poo powered trucks (google it- you won’t regret it), and built the world’s first ever 100% carbon neutral dairy. All as part of our ongoing commitment to combatting climate change.
- We are the producer of Lurpak, one of the world’s most iconic butter brands.
- We are a Danish business, operating across the UK, Europe, Asia, The Middle East, North America, South America and other regions across the globe.
Want to apply?
We are so excited to welcome you to the Arla family.
Please apply via this advert or our careers page.
If you have a question about the role, then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have a purpose for Good
At Arla, we strive to unlock the highest potential in each other while working together to create a sustainable future of dairy. We call it Stronger People Stronger Planet and it is deeply anchored in our organisation and founded on our commitment to respecting human rights, increasing access to healthy dairy nutrition, inspiring good food habits, and improving the environment for future generations. In order to succeed we need to hire people with a sustainable mindset. Could this be you?