Technical manager 50k – South Yorkshire
- To ensure the effective and efficient management of Quality assurance for site and ensure all legal, company procedures and customer requirements are met.
- To continuously improve quality standards to meet customer requirements for multi-site traded products.
- Previous experience in Quality or Technical Manager role in the fresh meat or Poultry industry
- Demonstrable track record of delivering continuous improvement in technical & food safety and export standards
- Experience of working and managing relationships with government body functions FSA, DEFRA, LA.
- Excellent track record of managing teams; building capability, addressing any issues effectively and in compliance with legislative and company policies & procedures
- Experience of working with wholesale customer base, retail experience also useful.
- Good knowledge of Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Good communication skills and attention to detail, able to influence at all levels
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, in particular Microsoft Excel
- Ability to communicate professionally at all levels from customers and auditors to factory colleagues and company management
- Able to prioritise & organise own workload and work to time deadlines
- Self-motivated and highly resilient
- Ability to problem solve and influence in a fast paced environment with sometimes conflicting priorities
- Ability to travel frequently for work purposes.
- ensure implementation on a day to day basis of technical standards across all traded products.
- ensure adherence to food safety and Animal by products legislation across traded /integrated processes
- Be the first point of contact for site technical queries and customer technical queries
- ensure requests for information and complaints are efficiently responded to
- ensure site HACCP covers all commodities (traded/brokered/integrated)
- ensure adequate QA resource is in place to cover processes where applicable
- carry out trend analysis on complaints, microbiological and quality issues
- provide general technical support for the operational/production team on sites
- confidently and professionally represent group on Third Party audits with customers, suppliers and regulating authorities
- assist in the facilitation of audits for sites as an company representative
- Industry recognised technical qualification – HND/Degree or equivalent in food science or related subject
- HACCP – minimum level 3
- Food Safety – minimum level 3
- Lead Auditor Qualification desirable
- Full driving license - Essential
How to apply
If this really sounds like you and you want to be considered for the Technical Manager position send your CV to email@example.com
On applying for this job, you consent to Recruitment Wolf Limited holding your details on file to be able to contact you about your job search.
We aim to contact you within 24 hours on the assumption that your credentials fit the requirements for the role.