Reports into HUB transformation manager no direct reports, close link to CTS project managers. Links into other departments for numerous projects including H&S, Quality, Engineering, Finance and operations.
- Accountability for financial control of projects upto £1mm
- No direct reports, however will involve 'leading' project groups including technical and non-technical roles. The ability to communicate at all levels and take people with you is key.
- Management of on-site contractors including permit writing.
- Safe delivery of projects within time and budgetary constraints.
- DECISION-MAKING AUTHORITY
- Work with a high level of autonomy, delivering work streams with minimal support and moving timescales.
- Liaison with supply chain to deliver projects with minimum disruption to operations.
- Liaison of site contractors.
- Responsible for regular updates to site senior team / department leads and front line employees on complex programmes.
- Accountable for full project delivery and budget control upto £1mm
- JOB DIMENSIONSSPECIAL FEATURES
The role requires a wide amount of contact with various 'stakeholders' including the HUB transformation manager, CTS project managers, ops manager, various members of the engineering team, health and safety, quality and central functions. It is expected the project engineer will have excellent communication skills, manage a busy and varied agenda and have the ability to take others with them.
- Involved or responsible for small (<£100m) to med (£1mm) scale capital projects.
- Technical/Engineering background preferable
- Project Management and planning skills (knowledge of project management theory and processes) advantagous.
- Experience of H&S processes (permit writing / risk assessments / ATC / ATO)
- Knowledge / experience of the CAPEX process advantageous.
- Knowledge / understanding of CDM regulations an advantage
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision / instruction in a fast moving, ever changing environment.
- Ability to communicate at all levels including leading both technical and non technical groups in project delivery.
- Computer literate.(Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Project, CAD -preferred)
- Support site project managers with accountability for specific areas of project delivery.
- Full ownership of some projects from inception, CAPEX submission through to completion.
- Ownership of financial control for responsible projects.
- Ensuring all legal checks / documents / systems are in place.
- Ensure post project reviews are undertaken - build lessons learnt into project process
- Ensure all site capital projects adhere to relevant PIUK standards & systems, adopt the PepsiCo best practice for early equipment management.
- Project risk analysis and contingency planning.
- Financial / operational and performance delivery / handover.
- Lead and support project initiators in developing scoping documents
- Lead tender groups / presentations making recommendations on suppliers
- Managing site comms and engagement of front line for project delivery
- Adherence to project milestones and OTIF delivery, VSU (Vertical start up) will be a key element.
- Capex spend management (both capital and expense) to agreed budget and timelines.
- Project compliance to required safety systems.
- Quality impact of any projects e.g. food safe design, food safety incidents due to project implementation