Title: Maintenance Manager
Salary: Up to £60,000 (Depending on experience)
Benefits Package: 25 Days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
£8,400 Car Allowance
Flexible Benefits Package
Who are Bakkavor:
Bakkavor is one of the leading providers of fresh prepared food in the UK, with an international presence in the US and China. Our 19,000 employees operate from 39 locations, developing and producing innovative food for a wide variety of occasions and budgets. In the UK, we work with leading grocery retailers, focusing on their own label brands.
Bakkavor Salads Bourne specialises in making prepared fruit, leafy salads and stir fry mixes. It employs over 1,100 people and forms part of the Bakkavor Salads sector in the UK.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Manager to join and lead our engineering team based in Bourne. You will manage the Engineering Maintenance Function to ensure manufacturing equipment availability and facility conditions are optimised through a safe, efficient, and effective Engineering team.
If you have an engineering background with relevant training and experience in maintenance management, ideally within a fast-paced food manufacturing or FMCG environment – this could be the role for you.
Duties will include:
• Health and Safety - Organise & monitor compliance with Statutory & Bakkavor Health, Safety and Environmental requirements, ensure direct reports, team members and contractors work in a safe manner.
• Quality Standards - Ensure established standards of Food Quality & Food Safety are maintained, through adherence to Maintenance procedures and activities.
• Asset Management - Set and maintain standards. Initiate & review procedures & measure performance to ensure continuous improvement. Continuously review PPM effectiveness and adapt accordingly. Use CMMS (Agility) to enable accurate reporting of downtime to drive improvements.
• Communication - Ensure regular meetings are in place with all key stakeholders and all areas have live by department snagging lists, ensure activity on these lists are completed in a timely manner.
• People Management - Manage the Assistant Maintenance Managers and Operational Support Engineers to meet their objectives and ensure frequent communication with the team takes place and ensure training and development is in place.
• Budgetary Control - Develop Engineering maintenance budget for Bourne site in conjunction with Engineering Manager and monitor/control spends to meet budget. Any potential overspends need to be highlighted for prior authorisation.
• Reporting - Provide regular cost/progress/risk reports to Site Engineering and Projects Manager and to seek advice/authorisation on key issues.
• Managing through KPIs - Deliver and report on agreed Engineering KPI’s, including Safety, Maintenance, Technical etc.
• Continuous Improvement - Ensure compliance with use of CMMS on site is high, to help deliver decision making, improvements in asset care, asset replacement and on specification of new equipment.
Skills and Experience:
Candidates will demonstrate the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• Recognised engineering qualification (HNC min or Degree), with proven experience in a Managerial role within a busy Engineering department in an FMCG environment.
• Excellent PC skills with experience of CMMS, Windows etc.
• Previous electrical or mechanical background is essential.
• Good knowledge of Health and Safety legislation
• Expert knowledge of maintenance principals and practical application.
• Ability to work on own initiative and make decisions where required.
• Good communication/presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Good understanding of Operational Measures/Engineering KPI’s and ability to drive through improvements.
• Experience in setting and management of Maintenance Budget.
• Experience in management and development of people.
• Flexible approach to working – to meet business demands
Candidates may demonstrate the following skills and experience through previous roles:
• Food Safety Training to intermediate level.
• Experience within a Food Manufacturing would be advantageous