Job ref: 8154
The business is a successful, family-run company that manufacturers premium food products for national and international retail, food service, and catering customers.
The company operates from a state-of-the-art, high-care production facility, incorporating the most up-to-date processes and equipment.
About the Production Manager job
Your role will be to provide leadership to the production team to ensure all food products are manufactured according to the production plan and in accordance with internal and external quality, legal and safety standards.
- Ensure the consistency and correct quality of finished products.
- Train and develop the production staff to increase flexibility and deepen knowledge and skills.
- Ensure that factory hygiene and health and safety standards are achieved and maintained in line with internal and regulatory requirements.
- Identify weekly and monthly Key Performance Indicators and monitor performance against them.
- Identify opportunities to increase the efficiency and effectiveness of the operations and make recommendations for improvement.
Skills & experience required for the Production Manager job
This role would suit someone currently in a Production Shift Manager, Production Supervisor or similar role who is looking for progression.
- Strong production track record in the food manufacturing industry.
- Good manufacturing engineering knowledge with strong understanding of production machinery and equipment.
- Experience in leading and training a production team.
- Good knowledge of food safety and food hygiene standards.
- Excellent communication skills.
- IT literate.
The Production Manager job is based in Essex and is paying £40,000.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, day shift.
How to apply
To be considered for the Shift Production Manager job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Production Shift Manager | Food Production Manager | Production Team Manager | Production Supervisor | Production Team Leader | Production Coordinator | Food Industry Production Jobs