Quality Assurance Technician
£23,000 pro rata
Job ref: 8197
3 Month Contract
This job is working for a very well-established and respected manufacturer that supplies to UK retailers and foodservice markets, as well as further food manufacturing.
Always at the forefront of product development and innovation, they have continually invested in new facilities and the latest technologies.
About the Quality Assurance Technician job
Reporting to the Quality Systems Coordinator, the purpose of your role will be to ensure that all products are manufactured in accordance with food safety and quality standards.
- Positive release of raw materials and finished products.
- Ensure compliance against company standards and assist with raw material and finished
- product non-conformances.
- Continuously maintain and improve the Food Safety culture within the business.
- Carry out packaging and labelling checks.
- Ensure production records are compliant and retrievable.
- Deal with customer requests, including CoAs/CoCs, shelf-life extension and testing requirements.
- Assist the Technical/Quality compliance team.
Skills & experience required for the Quality Assurance Technician job
This role could suit a recent food science graduate who is looking for food QA experience or their first role in the food manufacturing industry.
- Previous food industry QA/QC or related experience OR a food science related degree/HND qualification.
- Experience working with chilled food products would be an advantage.
- Good observational skills, high attention to detail and a strong sense of hygiene and housekeeping.
- Excellent organisation and time management skills.
- Additional qualifications such as Food Hygiene, HACCP, Food Safety, or Internal Auditor would be a great advantage.
The Quality Assurance Technician job is based in Kent and is paying £23,000 pro rata.
This is a 3 month contract, with the possibility to extend.
The working hours are Monday to Friday, 7 am - 4 pm.
How to apply
Please click the Apply button to be considered for the Quality Assurance Technician job.
After you submit your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days, assuming that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
QA Technician | QA Auditor | Quality Assurance Auditor | QA Technologist | Quality Auditor | Quality Assistant | QA Assistant | Quality Assurance Technician