BE AN ESSENTIAL PART OF EVERYDAY LIFE
Position: Quality Manager (Food Manufacturing)
Location: Stanford Le Hope
Contract Type: Permanent (Full-Time)
Shift pattern: Any 5 form 7, Rotational (0600-1400 / 1400-2200)
Are you a motivated, organized individual seeking a challenging and rewarding opportunity in a fast-paced environment? Would you enjoy being part of a dedicated team that works together to create a relevant, memorable difference in the lives of our customers and employees? If you're looking for change, and you're ready to make changes … we're looking for you.
At DHL our business is logistics, but people are our passion. With over 500,000 team members in 220 countries, we attract and retain great talent. We are one of the most innovative, most culturally diverse companies on the planet. We provide unmatched opportunities for personal and professional development. We really are a, “Best Place to Work.”
If this sounds like a team you'd like to join … keep reading.
We make promises to our customers, and we'll make promises to you too. The key responsibilities in this role include;
- Ensuring all stock is stored and transported at the correct temperatures, that products arrive in a good state with no damage from transit and compliance with Best Before Dates
- This role will involve the maintenance of the routine site quality management systems (QMS) including the continuous improvement of the QMS to meet all internal, customer, BRCGS and third party accreditation requirements
- This role will be on the front foot when it comes to ensuring compliance with to all aspects of product safety, quality and legality
- Ensure quality and food safety improvements are effectively rolled out throughout the facility
- Follow up actions from internal and external audits and ensure non-conformances are closed out on time
- Surveillance and documentation for all day to day product safety, legality and quality issues; ensuring that significant issues are escalated to the Group Technical Manager / Site Management in a timely and appropriate manner
You won't find another job like the one you'll find with DHL Supply Chain. Now, here's what we need from you:
- Experience of managing a Quality function within a Food Manufacturing Environment (essential)
- Knowledge of Food Standards and Quality Compliance
- Eye for quality with a tenacious desire to achieve the highest standards of quality and compliance
- A self starter with the ability to manage their own time setting daily, weekly and monthly schedules to meet set objectives
- Experience with ATP and hygiene verification tools with a basic microbiological understanding in order to communicate with correct third party laboratories.
- Pest control and prevention awareness.
What will you get in return?
As a DHL employee you'll have access to a wide variety of benefits aimed at enhancing your wellbeing both at home and at work, from a free and confidential 24/7 GP Service and Employee Assistance Programme to affordable loans, simple savings and financial education. You and your family can also access our mental health app on the go, free mortgage and Will advice as well as hundreds of retail and lifestyle discounts. We also offer yearly free flu jabs and access to discount off medical cash plans including cover for dental and eye care. All this and more is hosted on our Benefits platform which you will have access to as a DHL Employee.
What you'll need to do next?
If you have a proven track record of achievement to match the requirements for this role and you are looking for your next career move, simply apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
We will ensure that all our resourcing activities are fair, transparent and consistent across the UK. We want to ensure that the candidate experience is of the highest professional standard.
The Company is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.