PEOPLE SPECIALIST (HR SPECIALIST) - TURRIFF
Salary Details:Competitive Salary & Excellent Benefits Package
Shift Details:Monday to Friday, days
About The Role
Our People Specialists are just that. Specialists. They are experts in their field and know everything there is to know about HR. They deputise for the People Manager, and manage a small team of People Advisors and Assistants. It's their job to ensure the People Team are developing a culture where people matter. This is a great role for someone looking to springboard their career into HR Management.
You would also...
- Partner and coach the site management teams to ensure that our colleagues remain the priority and that the leadership have been provided the right tools to do a great job
- Design and implement effective and cost effective recruitment solutions in order to get the best talent
- Lead engaging, proactive communications across the site
- Support and drive colleague engagement on site in order to reduce absence and save money
- Provide advice and guidance to colleagues
- Support, coach and challenge line management with absence, disciplinary and grievance issues
- Support, coach and challenge line managers to ensure succession planning is high on their agenda
- Identify development opportunities for colleagues to improve skills and build future talent
- Proactively manage employee relations to ensure we are being safe, appropriate and legal
- Take ownership of the payroll process to ensure colleagues are paid correctly and on time
- Build positive and effective relationships with unions and agency suppliers
- Lead projects as appropriate on the HR plan Sales, Profit and Cash
- Take charge of absence and sick pay processes to ensure costs are managed appropriately
As well as a 'hands on' attitude and the ability to react well to change (in a fast moving environment) you will also need to have:
- Experience of working in a fast paced, agile and demanding environment. (Ideally in a Manufacturing or Logistics environment)
- A professional HR qualification, or a degree level educated or an equivalent level of job relevant experience
- Strong IT skills, including MS Office and HR systems
- Up to date and deep knowledge of employment law
- The ability to support an environment where everyone feels valued and listened to. Confidence to speak up and challenge others in an appropriate way.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a customer service approach
- Ability and confidence to advise and coach management within your site
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive approach to own continuous development
- Knowledge of the core HR policies and processes
- Ability to act on own initiative and be brave in your approach
- Flexibility in terms of working hours, some travel will be involved to support other sites and project work
- Additionally, you will be a self-starter, be innovative and creative in your ideas and be driven by culture change and be pragmatic in your strategic thought process. You will hold a desire to step up in your career alongside the development of our current People team.
In return you'll get competitive pay rates, up to 6 weeks holiday (including bank holidays) and many benefits including a discount card for you and 2 more for friends or family members giving you 10% off your shopping in Morrisons. We also offer company share options, Retirement Saver, Free Life Assurance and much more.
About The Company
From a Bradford market stall to the UK’s 4th largest supermarket chain and the UK's 2nd largest fresh food manufacturer.
We are proud to be the Yorkshire food retailer serving customers across the UK at just under 500 stores and an online home delivery service. Our 18 manufacturing sites provide our customers with the freshest produce from flowers, fish and veg to burgers and bread, all delivered to our stores via our 6 distribution sites by our 2,000 strong fleet.
Every week, 11 million customers pass through our doors and over 110,000 colleagues across the business work hard each day to deliver great service to them. We cover more than 11 million households with our Morrisons.com service. With competitive, permanently low prices we are committed to helping our customers save money every day.
We are foodmakers and shopkeepers and #wemakemorrisons.