Health & Safety Officer (Part Time)
Up to £25,000
Ambient food products
10 month contract
Job ref: 8199
This role is working for a successful, BRC AA Graded food manufacturer.
The business produces high-quality food products and exceptional service to enable their food manufacturing customers to innovate and increase productivity without compromising on quality.
About the Health & Safety Officer job
- Conduct H&S risk assessments, compile safety systems of work and train staff accordingly.
- Outline safe operations through SSOW, which identifies and considers all hazards.
- Carry out regular site inspections to ensure working practices, policies and procedures are complied with.
- Record inspection findings and produce improvement suggestion reports.
- Keep up to date with new legislation and maintain knowledge of HSE legislation and any developments that affect the food industry.
- Advise on specialist areas such as fire regulations, hazardous substances, noise, safeguarding machinery and occupational diseases.
- Ensure visitors, contractors, and suppliers work safely on site and comply with procedures.
- Train staff departmental staff in all operations; monitoring and reviewing to ensure they are fully competent.
Skills & experience required for the Health & Safety Officer job
- Previous relevant Health and Safety experience.
- Experience in a food production environment is preferred, although other FMCG manufacturing such as pharmaceutical will be considered.
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to keep accurate records.
- Ability to identify risks and provide safe solutions.
The Health & Safety Officer job is based in Greater Manchester and is a part time position working 2.5 days per week.
This is a job share with another part time Health & Safety officer based at the company’s other manufacturing site in Cheshire.
The role is a 10-month maternity contract and paying up to £25,000 pro rata according to your experience.
How to apply
To be considered for the H&S Officer job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Health & Safety Coordinator | HSE Officer | Jobs in Production | Health and Safety | Food Manufacturing Jobs| Food Production H&S Jobs