A market leading technical service provider, our client holds current accreditation for all standards relevant to food safety and quality on a worldwide basis.
My client is looking for a Business Development Manager with all the traits of a professional sales hunter. The role requires proactive behaviours to convert leads into sales and would suit someone from a technical sales background who is looking for a fast paced, dynamic environment.
The purpose of this position will be to generate profitable new business and to exceed new business targets in line with business plans. Developing and managing customers as well as ensuring a planned approach to customer relationship management is in place in terms of identifying and strengthening revenue, relationship building and ensuring customer retention.
- To generate profitable new business in line with the overall strategy.
- To develop opportunities to increase revenue generation with existing customers.
- To ensure a planned approach to customer management; protecting existing revenue, relationship building and customer retention.
- To sell the company’s services and products to ensure the achievement of targets, Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and overall business objectives.
- To generate prospects, follow up leads, attend sales meetings, develop quotations and convert quotes into new business.
- To undertake price reviews and annual renegotiation of commercial agreements.
- Input on reporting, forecasting, planning and market intelligence plus new business initiatives.
- To provide marketing information to the management team on competitor’s activity and new business opportunities.
- To input into the development of the company's sales and marketing strategies, in identifying market sectors, new business opportunities and threats to the business.
- Experience of working within a technical sales role, in food manufacturing or a related sector
- Experience with food certification audits and account management as well as business development
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office and SAP
- Experience of pricing and negotiation
- Attention to detail
- Excellent business and industry acumen, with a commitment to providing the best customer service
- Understanding of quality and technical standards
- Excellent presentation skills, with proven networking ability
- Problem solving, adaptable and able to sell into a diverse customer base
- Time management, organisational and multi-tasking skills
- Science based degree would be advantageous but not essential
- Be able to work autonomously in a fast-paced industry
- Current and valid driving licence
- This is a home based sales role, but you will need flexibility and willingness to travel
- This is a full-time position
Ref Code: FMW40589
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with a comprehensive CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention Lisa Fox.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.