Health & Safety Officer
£30,000 – £35,000
Job ref: 8201
Flexible – Full Time or Part Time
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative manufacturer which makes products full of high quality, natural ingredients supplied throughout the UK and overseas.
They are passionate about sustainability and running the business as ethically as possible; they have had enormous success since their inception and are continuing to rapidly grow!
About the Health & Safety Officer job
This is an exciting new role for someone to develop and lead the site’s health & safety, environmental and ethical standards.
- Ensure a safe environment is maintained and promote a positive H&S culture across the site.
- Promote an environmentally conscious and ethical approach to working.
- Advise on legal compliance and best practice, ensuring current legislation is complied with and future legislation is understood and planned for.
- Ensure all risk assessments are suitable, sufficient, and up to date.
- Develop and maintain company H&S procedures.
- Conduct health and safety inspections and prepare reports of all company operations/HSE visits.
- Manage supplier ethical compliance and conduct audits where applicable.
- Collate and analyse site environmental/CSR data and suggest improvements for waste and energy reductions.
Skills & experience required for the Health & Safety Officer job
We are looking for an organised individual with good attention to detail who is looking for a varied role where you can implement real change and develop within a growing company.
This role would suit someone with solid Health & Safety experience (most ideally in FMCG or food manufacturing) who is looking for a challenge and a role where you can make a difference.
- Understanding of the Health and Safety at Work and other relevant legislation.
- IOSH Managing Safely, Leading Safely, or comparable NEBOSH qualifications would be a great benefit.
- Auditing knowledge is desirable.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft 365 software such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
The Health & Safety Officer job is based in Gloucestershire and is paying £30,000 – £30,000 according to your experience.
The package includes 25 days of annual leave plus bank holidays, flexible working, company pension and monthly allocation of free products.
The working hours are flexible and can be either full time or part time (3-4 days per week) according to your preference.
How to apply
To be considered for the Health & Safety Officer job, please click the Apply button.
After you have submitted your CV, we will aim to contact you in 1-2 business days on the assumption that your skills and experience match the job requirements.
On applying for this job, you consent to b3 jobs ltd holding your details on file to contact you about your job search. For full details of our GDPR policy, please refer to the b3 jobs website.
Alternate job titles
Health & Safety Compliance Officer | HSE Officer | Health & Safety Executive | H&S Officer | Health & Safety Manager | Health, Safety and Environment Jobs | H&S Manager | Food Manufacturing Jobs| Food Production H&S Jobs