Job Title: Line Service or ROPT GSO
PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo generated more than $79 billion in net revenue in 2021, driven by a complementary beverage and convenient foods portfolio that includes Lay's, Doritos, Cheetos, Gatorade, Pepsi-Cola, Mountain Dew, Quaker, and SodaStream. PepsiCo's product portfolio includes a wide range of enjoyable foods and beverages, including many iconic brands that generate more than $1 billion each in estimated annual retail sales. Guiding PepsiCo is our vision to Be the Global Leader in Beverages and Convenient Foods by Winning with PepsiCo Positive (pep+). pep+ is our strategic end-to-end transformation that puts sustainability and human capital at the center of how we will create value and growth by operating within planetary boundaries and inspiring positive change for planet and people. For more information, visit www.pepsico.com.
Reports to: Shift Operations Manager
Direct reports: None
Working Hours: 12 hour continental shifts, based on a 4 on / 4 off pattern across nights and days. This will include workings weekends and bank holidays.
To maintain a safe, healthy and hygienic work place, through ensuring safety and housekeeping standards are met, maintained and exceeded as detailed in The Health & Safety At Work Act 1974 and any other relevant legislation or Pepsico internal standard.
Roles & Responsibilities: Line Service:
- Have a thorough knowledge of the area with regard for line layout, bin routes, correct placing of raw materials and line consumables
- Recognise point of contact (SOM, PC, MT and GO'S)
- Read the weekly bagger plan correctly
- Order raw mats accordingly
- Identifying, ordering, delivering and returning film and card
- Understand the importance of line consumables and keep the line supplied at all time during production
- Waste Management including the segregation and disposal of waste using the correct streams
- Clear communication with the FLE's to keep bagged and unbagged waste separated
- Responsible for keeping the dedicated storage areas (i.e. wire cages and line consumables shelves) free from foreign objects and items that are not allowed
OR ROPT Driver:
- Operation of the ROPT including all theory and practical tests
- Operation of bay controllers including traffic lights and dock levellers
- Checking of trailer prior to loading
- Loading and unloading of FG pallets
- Loading and unloading empty pallets
- Safe driving practices
- Removing pallets from the Auto Palletiser
- Controls for the pedestrian beacons
- Awareness and understanding of operating in the pallet marshalling area and set down area
The above lists are not exhaustive and you will be required to complete other GSO duties from time to time.
What we are looking for:
- Confident communicator with a positive self-starter attitude who is conscientious and focused on results
- Ability to work as part of a team and willingness to learn in an autonomous role
- Basic numerical, reading and computer skills
- Organised and methodical person, but not afraid of working under pressure
- Flexible and proactive person with the ability to solve basic problems
Salary & Benefits:
- £21446.88 per annum
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- 23 days holiday (with the option to buy/sell holiday)
- PPE provided by the business
- Staff discount shop
- Cycle to work scheme
- Subsidized Canteen
- Long Service Rewards
Please note, during the application process you will be asked which role it is that you are interested in applying for, i.e. Line Service GSO or ROPT GSO.
We pride ourselves on our superb work force. The people in this business genuinely care about doing a great job! We have a common goal - strive to continuously improve our business performance and our own personal development. With the majority of executive team having been promoted organically, we are continually developing and encouraging our employees to push themselves further and offer them support with their continual learning. Career progression is incredibly important to us and we provide great opportunities to grow a long term career.