Manufacturing Line Lead - Pellet Plant
Billingham (home of McCoy’s)
Permanent role available (days based with full 24/7 responsibility for the area)
As a Line Lead, reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for people, plant, product and process delivery against clearly defined role outputs, with specific responsibility for developing, managing and leading a manufacturing team of Team Members, Advanced Team Members, and Technical Engineering Coordinators.
This role is a day's based role with 24/7 responsibility for the area.
As Line Lead some of your key responsibilities will include:
• Part of a leadership team of three compromising Line Lead, Process Lead and Maintenance Lead
• Key lead in the Daily Direction Setting with a loss focused approach to the plan of the day
• Daily Management System owner of key areas including Clean Inspection Lubrication (CIL), Incident Elimination, Defect Handling and Daily, Weekly and Monthly Direction Setting.
• Take personal responsibility for health, safety and environment
• Ensure compliance with every day Quality processes delivering Right First Time Production
• Accept responsibility and take ownership of problems, seeing change as an opportunity
• Delegate, empower and motivate people to achieve goals
• Responsible for the motivation level of Team Members, for leading, coaching, conducting regular monitoring and appraisals. Identifying, evaluating and developing initiatives to ensure skill & competency levels are maintained
• Responsible for recruitment of Advanced Team Members (ATMs) and Team Members (TMs) and, jointly with the Area Engineering Managers (AEMs), Technical Coordinators (TCs)
• 24/7 responsibility for the area including performance
The multi-award-winning culture at KP Snacks is friendly, welcoming and supportive. We encourage everyone to be the best they can be, working together to achieve great results.
We are also incredibly proud to have been named as one of the Top 25 Best Big Companies and one of the Top 10 Food & Drink Companies to work for in the UK (via Best Companies)