R&D Senior Technologist
This is a great opportunity to join our team and continue the great work in bringing to life our condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Developing and launching new products (including duplications) for specified customers to achieve sales growth.
- Linking design activity to business strategy by delivering innovative products within the constraints of the brief.
- Using sound commercial and technical awareness of our ingredients, processes and customer requirements to deliver ‘right first time.
- Providing technical support to operations/logistics/purchasing for cost release, quality maintenance and improvement programmes.
- Interacting with customers to support relationship building and customer intimacy strategy.
- Interacting with suppliers and the general marketplace to ensure up to date ingredients and technologies are employed in new developments.
- Relevant on-bench development experience in salad dressings, condiments and sauces relevant to our portfolio (or in a similar food environment).
- Food technology/Food Science Degree required.
- Able to think laterally and solve complex problems.
- Proven ability of teamwork in a cross-functional environment.
- Actively able to work on own project briefs.
- Project & team management skills
- Assuming a customer facing role in all appropriate customer meetings, presentations, trials and project updates.
- Maintaining company standards for administration, health & safety, GMP.
- Communication skills – Articulate, confident communicator.
- Able to demonstrate sound understanding of the impact of actions on costs.
- Language skills – A second European language would be of benefit.
- Positive, quick learner, attention to detail.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers.
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.