Digital Systems Lead
This is a great opportunity to join our team and continue the great work in bringing to life our condiments manufacturing facility, located in Peterborough, UK. Our vision is to build a sustainable, innovative McCormick factory-of-the-future to support our Flavour Solutions customers.
- Support the site in its digitalisation journey by developing the roadmap in areas such as MES, Modelling, manufacturing intelligence, cyber security, digital systems, robotic control & smart robotics, and operational technology integration.
- Proactively lead the elimination of PM & AM losses associated with PLC & system related issues. Integrate effectively with site DDS routines in addressing the losses.
- Work with the T&D pillar to ensure best in class training materials are available for staff and with the FI pillar on RCA methodology. Set up the training plan to technicians in PLC and networking systems. Support site in developing technician JD’s and skills matrices.
- Develop the preventative maintenance on control and networking systems. Integration solutions on the line with MES and analytic platforms.
- Create and maintain technical documentation of supported systems. Key contributor to development of global standards e.g. IACS, AGV’s etc. Contributing to the IT/OT integration standards.
- Take a proactive approach to coaching staff to use the digital systems to maximum effect within their daily work and improvement projects.
- Support the FI pillar improvements by ensuring that the data analytics from the site systems are used to maximum effect.
- Give technical input into the design, installation, commissioning, and validation phases of projects to ensure that system integration is effectively embedded.
- Degree in electrical technology, electrical engineering, or electronics.
- Similar role experience in manufacturing environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair PC related issues down to the component level to include touch screen displays, hard drives, CD ROM drives and NIC cards.
- Experience in machine safety, electrical safety and network security.
- Ability to repair and / or replace components and subsequently load, configure, and parameterize both hardware and software as it may relate to industrial, process control PC’s and their related applications.
- Good understanding and ability to support MES,SAP,WCS core processes, functionalities and integration down to technical details (installations ,setup ,server maintenance etc) , ongoing trainings, configurations, 1st level support and escalation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Quality/process improvement capabilities.
At McCormick, we bring our passion for flavor to work each day. We encourage growth, respect everyone's contributions and do what's right for our business, our people, our communities, and our planet. Join us on our quest to make every meal and moment better.
Founded in Baltimore, MD in 1889 in a room and a cellar by 25-year-old Willoughby McCormick with three employees, McCormick is a global leader in flavour. With 12,400 employees around the world and more than $5 Billion in annual sales., the Company manufactures, markets, and distributes spices, seasoning mixes, condiments and other flavourful products to the entire food industry, retail outlets, food manufactures, food service businesses and consumers.
While our global headquarters are in the Baltimore, Maryland, USA area, McCormick operates and serves customers from nearly 50 locations in 27 countries and 135 markets in Asia-Pacific, China, Europe, Middle East and Africa, and the Americas, including North, South and Central America with recognized brands including Schwartz.
At McCormick, we have over a 100-year legacy based on our “Power of People” principle. This principle fosters an unusually dedicated workforce requiring a culture of respect, recognition, inclusion, and collaboration based on the highest ethical values.
If you are looking for a new challenge and want to join a highly motivated team in a rewarding environment, seeking a competitive salary and benefits package and opportunity to work with a global flavour leader. Then please apply via our careers centre at http://www.mccormickcorporation.com/Career-Center
Agencies: McCormick as needed will work with external recruitment vendors through our Agency Portal. Unless previously contacted, McCormick does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruiting agencies.
McCormick & Company is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy/ies.