The business has grown from strength to strength to become a market leader within the drinks sector. At the forefront of product innovation, the business now produces a range of unveils exceptional products supplying most of the UK retailers and exporting their products across the world.
To help maintain the business’s competitive advantage and be first to market with liquid innovation, you will drive technical solutions for the creation of the delicious, innovative premium drinks. This will involve managing the successful delivery of new liquid development and liquid projects and ensuring that concepts are appropriately scaled up and successfully commercialised alongside project leadership of liquid development work streams within the innovation and technical teams. You will work on the improvement of business processes to drive greater efficiencies, share knowledge and best practice, and be a strong communicator in delivering technical information to stakeholders. In addition, you will support the improvement of product quality and efficiency and support the Senior Liquid Development Manager in managing the sensory evaluation and shelf-life programmes.
- Honours Degree or equivalent in a relevant science discipline (e.g. Chemistry, Food Science) with 3 years+ in beverage/food application lab production or related discipline
- Skills in product formulation and process scale up from laboratory to factory are essential with specific knowledge of beverage formulation, ingredients and processing
- Skills in factory commissioning and validation with a focus on quality are desired
- Experience of working with manufacturing and laboratory environments
- Be able to generate appropriate technical documentation such as specifications, MSDS, formulation and manufacturing instructions
- Demonstrates perseverance and a positive attitude in the pursuit of challenging goals
- Ability to provide support on ingredient/product/process issues on live products
- Understanding of flavour reactions/interactions in common food products and the ability to recommend flavour modifications based on performance
- Understanding of flavour and ingredient degradation and the ability to recommend alternatives to manage shelf life of our products.
- Understanding of sensory science
- Travel required
You will have the ability to translate market trends into innovative products for our key customers and markets. The successful candidate will be extremely passionate and keeps up to date with new technology, ingredients and compliance. It is important to be self-motivated and be able to work with agility without losing momentum to manage uncertainty and complexity in a fast-paced environment.
To apply, please e-mail in strict confidence, with your CV, including salary details, quoting the above reference and for the attention of James Constable to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to a high volume of responses, we cannot reply to each application individually. If you have not had a response within one week, we are sorry to say your application has not been successful on this occasion.