Greggs have an excellent opportunity for an experienced QA Manager to head up our Technical team based at Leeds on a permanent, full time basis.
Reporting to the Regional Technical Manager you will be the site QA Manager with a direct responsibility for food safety and quality standards. You will be part of a small but effective QA team that is heavily involved with day to day factory floor operations across low risk and high care areas, ensuring high standards are maintained and current site systems are challenged and developed. You will be expected to build strong relationships across the site and work closely with technical teams within the region. The role will involve occasional travel to other sites, therefore a full clean driving licence is essential.
Up to £40,000 depending on experience
Mainly dayshift Monday to Friday but flexibility is required (including weekends and bank holidays including being on call)
Working closely with the production teams the role is responsible for:
- Leading and managing a team of QA Technicians
- Leading BRC audits and enforcement officer inspections
- Implementation of food safety and quality procedures in Low Risk and High Care areas, in line with the requirements of the BRC Global Standard.
- Taking full responsibility for ensuring that product quality meets the requirements of the agreed specification
- Development & implementation of the HACCP plan and pre requisite programmes including allergen management
- Assisting in the development of the food safety strategy for the site via the management review process
- Facilitating product recalls / withdrawals at site and collate relevant documents
- Driving improvements in the standards of product quality and safety.
- Providing management reports on levels of performance.
- Assisting with the completion of Internal Audits and inspections
- Providing assistance with complaint investigations or incident report investigations
- Must hold a formal food related qualification – HNC/HND/Degree in Food Science or equivalent
- Qualifications – HACCP Level 4, Food Safety Level 4.
- Food industry experience essential (with a comprehensive understanding of High Care operations) – Several years in a similar managerial role
- Internal audit qualification
- Experience of high care operations
- Practical knowledge of the BRC Standard and QMS Systems
- Proven experience of leadership and team management
- High level of numerical and presentation skills
- Proficient in IT (word, excel, PowerPoint, outlook, office 365)
- Results focussed with excellent communication skills and the ability to influence others
- Our Greggs Employee discount Scheme is very generous, offering you up to 50% off our food
- Your holiday entitlement starts with 5 weeks, in addition to bank holidays, which increases with service up to a maximum of 6 weeks after 25 years’ service. (Pro-rata for part time)
- After 6 months service you may be eligible for our profit share scheme
- You will be invited to participate in our Management Bonus Scheme which is worth up to 10% of your salary, subject to the Company meeting certain performance criteria.
- You will automatically join our Greggs pension scheme which is a fantastic way to save for your retirement and allows you to benefit from employer contributions and tax advantages
- Defined contribution management pension scheme
- Death in service benefit which provides a lump-sum payment equal to 4 times your year’s salary
Other benefits include
- Private Medical Insurance which is free for you and subsidised for your dependants
- Permanent Health Insurance which is a replacement income scheme
- Share Save and Share Incentive Schemes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme