Our client, a family-owned food business is looking for a Technical Manager for their site based in Northamptonshire. The successful candidate will liaise with Enforcement Officers and customers representatives to ensure HACCP, Quality Management, Factory Environment Standards and Product and Process Control are implemented and maintained. They will routinely review policies and procedures, ensuring new legislation and codes of practice are implemented.
Reporting to the Managing Director, responsibilities for the role will include:
• Maintaining BRC accreditation
• Ensuring all staff have the appropriate certification to work within the factory
• Checking all staff have a clear understanding of the hygiene standards and practices
• Ensuring all HACCP and Due Diligence procedures are implemented by staff
• Identifying any weaknesses in production practices and implementing appropriate strategies to prevent them
• Setting and maintaining standards and limits for chemical and microbiological results
• Training and managing a multidisciplinary HACCP team consisting of production and senior management representatives
• Ensuring product and packaging comply with all current UK regulations and codes of practice
Essential / Desirable skills include:
• Experience in a Technical leadership role ideally within meat manufacturing, however, will consider other Food Product backgrounds
• Proven experience of HACCP, BRC and Major Retailer requirements and audit standards
• Must be familiar working in environments where high standards are achieved
• Excellent knowledge of Technical / Quality Systems
• Driving licence
• Family-owned Food business
• Award-winning company with focus on ongoing investment and development
• Dedicated to supporting local suppliers and the wider community
The working hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday with some flexibility to meet the needs of the business The salary for the role is £50k - £60k per annum.
If you are interested, please respond AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4660 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability.